Home made BrushGuard

/ Home made BrushGuard
Well Guys , I guess it's time to post a pic of Me on the new Toy. Well it is almost 4 months old and I have only had maybe 3 Weekends of Seat time, So its still new to me.

I noticed while reducing the Image Size of this pic so I could Upload it. That the Wife managed to get the Behinds of the Two orphaned tractors since the new arrival. On the left is an old '53 Farmall M , that drinks about 6 gallon per hour while BrushHogging. On the Right is the OLLLDDDD '39 9N, it is easy on the Fuel, but the Draulics aren't worth a crap.

And in the Middle is Me on the New Guy with the 1200# barrel of Concrete on the back.

Attachments

• Tractors.jpg
    Tractors.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 939
   / Home made BrushGuard #22  
Great pics and great project. Well done. Very professional and intuitive.

/ Home made BrushGuard #23  
deerhunterf350 said:
Finally, a weekend that I was not Traveling for Work, and could install the Finished BrushGuard.

A few pics of the Guard up close on the Tractor....

Nice work! I like the receiver hitch too!

So....is the rain letting up in St. Louis so we can have/watch a good baseball game this evening?

Don
(Go Detroit Tigers! :D )

/ Home made BrushGuard #24  
Nice job on the brushgard. It appears the hyd. hoses are real close to the fingers on the guard. Is this the case or just optical illusion? I'm sure you designed with hose clearance in mind but it just looks kind of scary. HOT hyd. oil is not fun.

/ Home made BrushGuard #25  
Mornin Deerhunter,
Very nice job on the brush guard, really heavyduty, that thing aint bendin for sure :)

/ Home made BrushGuard
TB

Nope the Rain didnt let up, and according to Weather.com , 90% chance of Thunderstorms with .5" of rain this evening ???? :( :(

( Go CARDS ) :D :D :D

BTDT

It is an illusion , the hoses have over 3" of clearance. It is hard to tell from the Pic, but the Lower Finger is 6.5" and each finger above is reduced by .5". The Top finger measures 5" , This was done to ensure plenty of clearance for the Hydrualic Hoses.

Dan

/ Home made BrushGuard #27  
Deerhunter,

I was gonna suggest the mesh also, but you're way ahead of me. I love the nuts welded to the frame idea. Makes for an easy and secure way to add the mesh in the future, be even better, you can take it off for repairs. I would have just welded it on an. Your method is much better!!!!

You did a great job, it looks like it belongs there and it will last forever.

Eddie

PS Congrats on being a newlywed. I just got married over the summer too.

/ Home made BrushGuard
EddieWalker said:
Deerhunter,

PS Congrats on being a newlywed. I just got married over the summer too.

Thanks for the Congrats.

And Congrats to you and the wife on your marriage. I followed your Posts about the Trip out West and the Marriage/Honeymoon, that looked like a nice relaxing trip.

Our Honeymoon started and ended with almost a 9 Hour flight, but when we Landed we were on an Island in the Middle of the Pacific ocean, and had people saying "Aloha"

Dan

/ Home made BrushGuard #29  
if the cards win, I'll eat your brushguard!!

cardinals are just embarrased pigeons hahahaha.

/ Home made BrushGuard
rdln said:
if the cards win, I'll eat your brushguard!!

cardinals are just embarrased pigeons hahahaha.

I think someone better have one heck of an appetite because there is alot of steel in that brushguard, Would you like SALT & PEPPER with that BrushGuard , I am going to start simmering it this weekend to hopefully tenderize it a little :D :D :D :D :D :)

Just kidding,

The Kittens oops Tigers put up a good fight, unfortunatley only one team can win, and one team must loose.

We all start with a clean slate next spring, and try to get there again.

All in good fun. GOOOOO CARDS

Dan