Need dump trailer tailgate parts

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
I want to build a two way tailgate for my dump trailer. I would like to copy the design used on the 2 yard dump trucks. Basically this is a tailgate that will swing from either the top or bottom pins. I know the bottom pins use a cam latch which will release even under the pressure caused by the load. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, so I'd rather buy the latch parts and install them. Anybody know where I can get them?

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #2  
I did buy some parts off Ebay once that were for a dump body. I am not sure this is what your looking for. I think a couple of the pieces you could use with linch pins so you could open it either way. I am not sure if this helps or not. I will take some pics and try to post them for you.

Dennis

Last edited:
   / Need dump trailer tailgate parts #3  
I don't know where you are located, but in N.H. my spring shop, truck equipment body dealer sells parts. If you go on dump body manufacturers sites Donovan, Galion, J&J, etc. you can probably find info. plowking

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #4  
I'm curious why you want such a tailgate on a dump trailer. Most of the ones I've seen had two doors hinged at the sides that folded out of the way and latched to the sides for dumping.

In a dump truck, you can usually relase the tailgate from inside the cab, but on a dump trailer you pretty much have to get out and do it.

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts
A two way tail gate allows you to meter the material from the bottom or it can flip down for bulkier material.

I'd appreciate the links guys.

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #6  
Cord:

That makes sense. Most of the material I've seen being dumped with these trailers has been brush and tree limbs, not soil.

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #7  
:mad: I am trying to uplaod the pictures but it wont let me????

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #8  
McDenny's said:
:mad: I am trying to uplaod the pictures but it wont let me????

What kind of error are you getting?

When you reply use the "manage attachments" button down the text box. There are some size limits listed in the pop up box.

/ Need dump trailer tailgate parts #9  
Pictures were way to big, had to have the wife help me out :D

Attachments

• PA1700101.JPG
    PA1700101.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,244
  • PA1700111.JPG
    PA1700111.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,400
   / Need dump trailer tailgate parts
I don't recognize those parts. What where they for?