MetKit

/ MetKit #1  

tcarter1

Bronze Member
Tractor
06 L2800 HST, R Long 4n1
Anyone bought a kit from these folks? They make backhoe and loader kits, but I saw where they also offer a wood splitter kit.

/ MetKit #2  
I am looking hard at the 608 and the 708 Back Hoe kits. I am also looking at CDP MID600 from Canada. Any comments would be appreciated.
Harold

/ MetKit #3  
Bought and built their FEL, model 1007. Was easy, bought my own hydraulic parts. It would have been easier with theirs, but learned a lot. About welding, about how my FEL was built, It's been very strong and useful.

Now, if I had to make changes I would shorten the main arms or move the bucket arms back toward the tractor and I reinforced around the main bearings after a couple of heavy uses.. Building your own takes a lot of the mystery out of how a FEL works, and how to use hydraulics.

All in all a good experience.

/ MetKit
Glad to hear you had a good experience with their product. Now if I could get them to resond to my inquiry, I might be ready to go.

/ MetKit #5  
Have you tried calling them? In 2000, when I bought my kit, it was a husband and wife store front. Not a lot of help but them. They might be on Holiday also. Good luck.

/ MetKit #6  
I bought the 800 series backhoe w/ the 3pt hitch for my Jinma 354.
I also got the superboom kit and thumb with it.

Metkit kit had pretty good turnaround. About 2 weeks from order until it arrived (UPS
ground). Some of the boxes were over 50lbs. Every thing was there.
They used nylon bearings instead of bronze/brass.
You have to do all of the welding and drill and tap some holes for bolts that hold
the pins in place. You also have to drill some holes for roll pins.

I've used the backhoe for about 10 hours now. It works great.

I've just received the ripper attachment for the backhoe. I'll weld it up on Friday and
give it a try this weekend pulling up tree roots left behind from some dozer work.

You have to call Metkit to order. They take credit cards. They are very helpfull with
information to help
you to decide on what size implement to order. I had been going to order a 700 series
backhoe but the gentleman at Metkit convinced me to get the 800 series and I'm
glad he did.

I now plan to order the rounded bucket so that I can move more dirt. The bucket that
comes with it is OK for small jobs (driveway ditch cleaning) but I'd like to be able to move
more material.

/ MetKit
I did get a reply. They don't offer the splitter kit (it's on the website) due to shipping costs. I might get some plans, though.

/ MetKit #8  
I bought a Ripper Kit for my Woods BH. Used it for plucking out small stumps and such, so I didn't tear the dickens out of everthing. They were quick shipping, and everthing fit perfectly. I'd definately buy from MetKit again.

Attachments

• Ripper 1.jpg
    Ripper 1.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 460