Building a tiller

/ Building a tiller #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
This project will take me quite few month I am afraid.

This is the deal: I got fairly cheap the tiller axle and blades and now I am building the rest of the 3pt tiller. I was able to find it is 42" Landpride and download parts manual from their web page. So far I finished the main frame and now it is time to buy the chain drive and top axle to continue.

I am having some problems finding parts, the local Landpride/Deere dealer was total disappointement - if you know about good online Landpride dealer, I would certainly appreciate the information.

And yes, I know, on the end it will not be cheaper than a whole new tiller - but I can do it piece by piece and spread the cost and play nicely and quietly for many afternoons and evenings:D

Attachments

• DSCN2593.jpg
    DSCN2593.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 718
   / Building a tiller #2  
Is there a reason tha you want to use land pride parts. I would suggest going to a fleet/farm supply stote to purchase the parts. You could also salvage parts off of old machinary if there is a dealer that has that sort of thing near by or maybe even a farmer that has a bunch of treasures setting in the back forty. That way you may be able to make it a lot cheaper than purchasing a new one.

Good luck.

/ Building a tiller
Havoctec said:
Is there a reason tha you want to use land pride parts. I would suggest going to a fleet/farm supply stote to purchase the parts. You could also salvage parts off of old machinary if there is a dealer that has that sort of thing near by or maybe even a farmer that has a bunch of treasures setting in the back forty. That way you may be able to make it a lot cheaper than purchasing a new one.

Good luck.

Hmm, I looked around and the primary chain sprocket sits on 21 spline 1 1/2 " - so far no luck finding it. But maybe I didnt search hard enough:)

/ Building a tiller #4  
Oops. Didn't look close enough at the pic and notice that you need the sprocket for your tine shaft. That may be hard to find without goint through land pride. should be able to salvage everthing else though.

/ Building a tiller #5  
if you dont get anywere with the land pride parts... or find they are an arm and a leg for cost... .you might consider useing whatever you can get your hands on for a splinned sprocket and having the axle re-cut to match. (or the sprocket for that matter) should be a farily simple procedure for a real machine shop.

/ Building a tiller
schmism said:
if you dont get anywere with the land pride parts... or find they are an arm and a leg for cost... .you might consider useing whatever you can get your hands on for a splinned sprocket and having the axle re-cut to match. (or the sprocket for that matter) should be a farily simple procedure for a real machine shop.

Thats a good idea, 4x4 shops do that a lot for axles.