F-350 to tractor conversion, PTO, etc ?'s

/ F-350 to tractor conversion, PTO, etc ?'s #21  
Hey-

Have you considered a 4 speed from a 460 truck? 1st gear is lower :D if you havn't already check out www.oilburners.net for IDI guys ;)

/ F-350 to tractor conversion, PTO, etc ?'s
Thanks Napa for the link. Have not been there yet. Do you know if a t-18 from a 460 will bolt up to a 6.9 bellhousing with a t-19? I normally go to "thedieselstop.com", have not asked that question yet. I know you can swap in the 5 spd(t-5 I believe, but it takes some mods to mount as I understand) Which takes me back to the rear diff, If I can find a high numerically diff like in the 5.13 to 7.--- as found in some older 2-3 tons, I'd be $/labor ahead. alot of old gasser grain trucks had the 2spd rears, lock it on the low side. I have a PTO Hydraulic pump from a freightliner in hand now- free. Call me crazy but I want to put a frontend loader on the truck too. I've had so many people locally I talked to say it cant be done. :eek:
Well over the course of the year 2007, it will be done and cheap at that. Icing on the cake will be A/C

/ F-350 to tractor conversion, PTO, etc ?'s #23  
The 5 speed is the ZF5, but don't bother if this will never leave the farm, the main advantages are less fuel consumption on the highway and less engine noise, longer engine life when used on the highway, but hard to find and expensive, t18/t19 are almost worth scrap cost.

I don't see why it wouldn't bolt up, I have a spare diesel transmission so I could measure the hole centers if needed.

another options is dual transmissions, low could be in the range of 16-20 to 1 :D or deeper, even better than the rear end, although with a single transmission the deep rear gears are great.

The front loader means you bonked your head, and we will all be expecting to see pictures by tax day :p :cool: