NH TC40A Logsplitter project

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #21  
Mcfly89 said:
Unfortunately I didnt think of taking any pictures during the building process... but here are a few details:

Speaking of details... where is the 3PH?
Mars

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #22  
Nice looking unit, one idea for anti skid, get some thick epoxy paint, actually anything that is 2 part, I use urethane, roll it on then sprinklesome coarse sand over and re roll with paint roller, its amazing how anti slip it is and stands up well, easy to re finish. you could use the same color blue

Laurence

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #23  
mars1952 said:
Speaking of details... where is the 3PH?
Mars
Mars, it's not a 3PH setup - the baseplate has receivers for the pallet forks, and we have front remotes on our TC40. That's it's long suit, since you can pick up a few large pieces, then raise splitter, wood and all, up to the truck or trailer bed (or even the elevated back porch); split it up, turn around and stack it as it's split, then go back and get some more.
And the epoxy paint with impregnated sand surface might be a really good idea .... thanks!

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #24  
river rat said:
Mars, it's not a 3PH setup - the baseplate has receivers for the pallet forks, and we have front remotes on our TC40. That's it's long suit, since you can pick up a few large pieces, then raise splitter, wood and all, up to the truck or trailer bed (or even the elevated back porch); split it up, turn around and stack it as it's split, then go back and get some more.

Sorry, I should have read your first post more carefully. I still would have put a 3PH on it so it could be used from both ends of the tractor.
It really looks nice. How did you decide on what size beam to use?
Marshall

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #25  
mars1952 said:
Sorry, I should have read your first post more carefully. I still would have put a 3PH on it so it could be used from both ends of the tractor.
It really looks nice. How did you decide on what size beam to use?
Marshall
First question; We have a large 3ph stump grinder, which is usually on the tractor when we are using the splitter.
Second; went to a customer of ours, and asked how much an 8" I-beam would cost .... he said, "If you could use 10", there's a piece out back you can just have". So the choice was easy!:D :D

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #26  
Your point about adding 3ph mounting capability is well taken, though .... would have been easy enough to do, by simply adding the pins and top-link reciever.
Versatility is never a bad thing! The splitter is so handy on the forks, by being able to go get big chunks, then raising it all even up to the deck on the back of the house, trailer, etc.
But thanks for the idea and input - keep 'em coming!
That's why we watch TBN !

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #27  
Brilliant!!!! How can you add to perfection.

/ NH TC40A Logsplitter project #28  
JMA375HH said:
Brilliant!!!! How can you add to perfection.
WooHoo - thanks for the "flowers"! But "brilliant" is hardly what I'd choose to call it - it's just an arranged pile of scrap iron .... it's just fun for Mcfly and I to see just how far we can take it, and on top of that, it works great! Thanx again.