Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi all i have 50 feet of air hose that loves to get tangled around everything and anything. anyone make their own. I dont feel like dropping 60-100 dollars on one. Drawings or picts or even step by step directions with a cutting list would be great!!!!
thanks in advance.
Forgeblast

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions #2  
Why not ask on one of the many welding specific project discussion forums? You will probably get more and better suggestions and answers there. The first one I would look at is the Hobart Welders discussion fourms where there is a sub forum dedicated to welding projects. I know hose reels have been discussed there before.

In any case, I would buy an el-cheapo Harbor Freight hose reel and modify it to suit your needs. That's what I did for the air hose reel for my plasma cutter cart.

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions #3  
I ran a fixed line out to the door and I just hang the hose on a large hook on the wall there. I have also seen car rims hung on the wall and used for this purpose. Hang it at eye level so you can leave large loops. I know these ideas are not very creatve, but simple works for me.

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions #4  
I got one from Costco including the hose for 50 bucks or so. For space sake I had to hang it flat, but it works ok.

Compressor is up on the wall too with a hose running to the reel - but it can be taken to work site if necessary.

Attachments

• DSCN2438.jpg
    DSCN2438.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 4,919
  • DSCN2448.jpg
    DSCN2448.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,504
   / Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions
I like the price of the cosco one but, a tire rim, thats just too easy. Thanks ill head to junk pile to see whats there.
forgeblast

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions #6  
I have a plastic garden hose hanger hung high up on the wall and use long loops of the hose, that way it doesn't want to curl as much when you take it down. Simple, inexpensive, and works...........

/ Homemade Air Hose Reel--suggestions
I found an easier solution, 22.50 at Harbor F. Hose reel that you can mount anywhere. i picked that up with a chain saw sharpner. im ready to dice and slice now.
later all and thanks.