tooth bar for bx23

/ tooth bar for bx23 #1  

workinallthetime

Veteran Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, ZD326P
Yahoo! Photos - workinallthetime's Photos - kubota bx23 2005 model

built this yesterday, total cost 191.00 for 5 teeth, 5 shanks, and 5 pins
steel cross beam is made from a detachable cutting surface off of a large wheel loader, which you can get at any jd industrial equipment supply dealer.
this thing is awsome, my back yard is full of rocks and on the side of a hill, before I would have to stop turn around and use the bh to remove a rock now i can just plow through them. if you have a small tractor and use it in the rocks you have to get one of these or build it yourself. make sure that you get replaceable teeth, if you use bucket teeth on concrete you will wear them out fast. build it tight also so there is no room for movement, if it moves it will wear or bend.

/ tooth bar for bx23 #2  
Nice tooth bar.

I'm doing some research on building one for my B21, and trying to decide if I want to buy another cutting edge and add teeth to it or make one that wraps over the existing cutting edge.

/ tooth bar for bx23 #3  
Nice! I could use one of those for my JD 4200. We have Bentonite out here, which I call claycrete.

/ tooth bar for bx23
Thanks,
It was pretty quick to build also. I never knew mt little bota could do so much till i but this thing on. MY ground has about 2-4" of "duff" and the rest is horible sticky when wet and like concrete when dry clay and I ised that thing yesterday for about 2 hours to do what would have taken 4-5 hours to do with out it. Im amazed at well it helds pick up stuff, railroad ties, rocks, even uprooted a small tree. all that stuff was a pain befor. Im getting some flack on a another post because i spent 191.00 not 100 to 150 but the teeth and shanks i used are for a large trackhoe, overkill maybe but I like it that way. Over engineering is always better, the fit is tight the teeth are stong the cross brace is stong and the bolts are stong. the week link is the the tractor, as long as i have traction im digging. I think you can get smaller teeth at a bobcat dealer, i found some at my kubota dealer but they only had one shank.
happy diggin