BX23 no place to carry a saw.

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #1  

Berniep

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 BX23
This is really no way to carry a saw. Not to mention bar iol and gas and the funny little screwdriver socket wrench thingy. nocarrier.jpg

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw.
So I finally decided to build something. The rear signal mount was key in my design
signal-mount.jpg
This is what I built
carrier.jpg
carriermounted.jpg
Much better
carrierfull.jpg

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #3  
Isn't that why we have FELs?:D Oh yeah, the're aslo good for dirt.:)

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #4  
Bernie:

That looks good!

Do the toggle clamps hold the saw?

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #5  
Nice job, I like it.

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #6  
That is a very good catch all basket. I would look a lot better painted. Great idea.

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #7  
Looks good... also looks like enough room for a small cooler for your beverage of choise.

mark

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw.
Thanks for the compliments
Paint has to wait for better weather. I don't like to paint with the doors closed and it's been either 5 degrees outside or raining or 50mph winds.
The toggle clamps hold the whole unit down, they clamp to the underside of the signal bracket, I was worried that it would bounce up and fall off. Now that it is finnished I don't think they are needed. The saw handle goes under a hook thingy and a pin goes in beside it to keep it in place, not the best solution but my the best I could come up with that day and it can't come out unless you turned the tractor upside down and shook it.

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #9  
kwolfe said:
Isn't that why we have FELs?:D Oh yeah, the're aslo good for dirt.:)

Yeah, they are good for both... just don't forget the saw is in there before you start moving dirt, it won't fare very well.
please don't ask me how I know this.:eek:

That's a nice looking box.

/ BX23 no place to carry a saw. #10  
BERNIE,
That is certainly a good idea,but where do we put our saws if we have the hoe on? I use my hoe for building acess roads to get to my wood.I like to have the saw on board to help out.That location would be in the way of my ability to sit at the hoe station.I carry mine in my loader bucket,but one of these days im gonna forget its in there and either run it over ,or loose it out. Good idea for when im toteing the chipper around though.
ALAN