2" square hitch adapter

/ 2" square hitch adapter #1  

corelokt308win

Silver Member
Hey all,
Just found this forum.

I've built a 2" square hitch adapter that hooks into my 3 point and allows me to tow trailers, manure wagons, use my winch, skid logs, and more.

How I did it was to take a 3 point draw bar, weld heavy wall 1.5" square tubing to it to form a square. Attach a fabricated point on top to attach the top link to. By a 2" square reciever tube from agri-supply and weld it to the bottom of the drawbar, not the top side. Good solid heavy welds are a must. I added braces to each corner of the same 1.5 inch tubing cut with a 45 degree angle on each end to fit snugly into each corner. It is important to keep the center area free of obstruction to allow the use of pto shafts, (sharp corners are still a no-no, as they bind the shaft and destroy the u-joints). I added a piece of channel to the outside of of each side, and to this added 3" exhaust tubing, running the length of each side and another six inches up. I place peavey's, shovels and such in the tubes, and hang my chains around them. I added a small vise to hold chainsaws for sharpening and built a base out of angle, with a plywood floor, that has a piece of angle attached on the front that hangs over the drawbar and has two holes that align with the holes in the drawbar to bolt it on. This carries my gas and bar oil, and a small toolbox of chainsaw stuff.

/ 2" square hitch adapter #2  
Sounds like a stout attachment. How about a few pictures to learn from.:)

/ 2" square hitch adapter
At the moment it's under snow, as I use the snowblower during the winter.

/ 2" square hitch adapter
Been looking at those quick hitch things for three points. Seems like welding a drawbar and 2" hitch box on one of those might be the end all. 3 point and drawbar all at once.

/ 2" square hitch adapter #5  
Well I just got cleaned up from making a receiver hitch for my 3pt. I have a Long 350 and yeb the wife thinks its sexy, I drug home a 27' Holiday Rambler this morning and the drive is overloaded, with the 19' Blue Wave , and 16' trailer, ay least. I needed some way to move it around and found and old receiver hitch from my 94' Chevy, that I removed just before it died with 300,000 on it. Original engine and tranny, 4x4, and I am not very gentle. Sure wish I had that old 350 back! anYWAY i GOT THE CHOP SAW AND mig OUT AND WENT TO WORK. cOPLE OF HOURS LATER IT IS READY TO MOVE THAT NEW TRAILER. Oops caps on! Came out great , I;ll post some pics tomorrow, with the trailer.