Componentry for foam marker system?

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #1  

I`ve been looking at foam marker systems for my self made 3 point boom sprayer. Can a person buy the components somewhere, or are we stuck buying a fairly pricey system from one of the many manufacturers.? The foam nozzles and hosing look a lot alike across the brands. The most economicalredi-made system I have found so far is from Salvaroni @ $290 from agri-supply.Thoughts on this idea??

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #2  
A couple of people here have made their own out of small 12v air compressors and such. Do a search on foam markers or diy foam marker.

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #3  
Do a search for "Foam Marker" and select forums started be a member and enter PINERIDGE for the member name. He has a very detailed post documenting the entire building and testing to complete a foam marker.

Speaking about PINERIDGE , I noticed that it has been a while since I have seen any posts from Mike. Hope everything is OK.

Dan

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #5  
Why could one not make something to hold a can of ground marker paint such as the utilities use to mark underground cable?

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #6  
cp1969 said:
Why could one not make something to hold a can of ground marker paint such as the utilities use to mark underground cable?

Wouldn't that get kind of expensive at $5.00 or so a can? And who would want red, orange, yellow, blue or white stripes on thier lawn?

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #7  
I'm thinking of an intermittent system. You don't have to continuously mark. A mark every 50 ft (or more) would probably be plenty.

The marks disappear fairly quickly.

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #8  
Isn't there a system that rolls out toilet paper?:D Maybe that's just for those agricultural spray planes for big farm fields.

/ Componentry for foam marker system?
Thanks for the link kenny. I was involved in that thread last summer. Its where I got some ideas and help from Pineridge. Is he still around here on this sight? I would like to build my foam system to be like the store bought ones. I can tell that the components are alike in many cases across the brands, but who is the original supplier to these companies? I`ve searched but can`t find the original source for the verticle drop nozzles (which make the foam at the ends of the boom) or the tank/compressor setup.

/ Componentry for foam marker system? #10  
7864 said:
... Is he still around here on this sight? ...

I believe he and the misses are working almost 24/7 at their newly opened store.