Victor Cutting Torch

/ Victor Cutting Torch #11  
i didnt realize there were so many different torch sets out there till i went looking for a fitting for my victor. victor is all i have known since i was 18 wouldnt use anything else.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #12  
While I am pretty picky about my welders,I am less so about torches....at least till I get rich!! Bought a Chinese "Harris compatable" torch on ebay for $37 including shipping.Took it to the local welding supply shop to get tips and the guys passed it from hand to hand and didn't have a bad thing to say.Suprised me....LOL.Now, they sell em.Burned 5 bottles of acetylene through it in the passed year without a problem.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #13  
Howdi. You got the best outfit money can buy. Sells for over $400 for the Journeyman Kit.. Replace the valve and have a Welding Supply store employee light it 1st. HaHa kidding..Im a Victor Sales Rep.
Thanks.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #14  
Victor's the best torch out there, and worth waiting for, though we have a satisfactory Harris, too.
This one, though, is another story .... used, at a pawn shop, valve missing, visibly not cared for; depending on where you go, it'll cost ya $50 to $100 to rebuild (after you pay to buy it), and rebuilding would sure be a good idea. Heck, there's always good used torches out there for sale.
We've had satisfactory MECO torches too.
Don't rush on this one!

/ Victor Cutting Torch #15  
I have a MECO torch that is really old, back when they were made in St. Louis, MO. Lots of them out there. MECO stands for Modern Engineering Company in case anyone wanted to know.

/ Victor Cutting Torch
OK, I ran across another one at a different pawn shop. This one is a complete kit.Victor 2460 torch & 315C handle, 100' of hose and the 2 regulators. The hose looks in good shape, no cracking. The torch and handle are definitely used & dirty. The valves turn good, not easily, but not too difficult. The cutting tip is dirty, but not all dinged up like some others I've seen. The regulators/guages look old. What could go wrong with them? They want $129.95+ tax for it, if I put in on layaway. If I just buy it out right I can have it for $125 out the door. What does everyone think of this?

/ Victor Cutting Torch #17  
For around $200, you can have a brand new outfit. I would not jack with something out of a pawn shop unless I was an absolute expert in judging whether a torch is good or not. Also, 100' of hose is not a good deal unless you need it and I can't think of any reason why you would unless you decide to go without a cart which would be a big mistake. A 100' hose full of acetylene is 4x more dangerous than a 25' if you ever get a fire going in the hose.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #18  
You can't buy a victor 2640 and 315 with the appropriate gauges for $200. $125 sounds like a good deal to me, if its functional and no leaks.
Ken