Victor Cutting Torch

/ Victor Cutting Torch #1  

Jarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT
I found a Victor cutting torch & handle at a pawn shop. The torch is model CA2460, which according to Victor's website is a heavy duty one. I couldn't tell what model the handle was. According to the Victor website the CA2460 only works with the 315 torch handle. Overall it looks in good shape, just dirty. The tip is in pretty decent shape. The only problem I could see with it is it was missing one of the valves on the torch handle. I don't remember if it was the oxy or acetylene valve. They want $50 for it. Does anyone know if this sounds fair? I know it's hard to tell without seeing it. I would still need a set of hoses and regulators. I don't mind spending a little at a time to get a good setup.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #2  
With a new one costing $100-$150 ... I'd go with a new one

The hassle isn't worth an extra $75 bucks

/ Victor Cutting Torch #3  
You will probably spend more money piecing a system together than you will to just go out and buy an outfit.

Look on ebay. There is a vendor there named weldfabulous or something like that who sells Victor and Smith torch outfits. They're not all that expensive.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #4  
I think I would probably pass on this one to. For the money your going to spend on it and the rest of the parts you need you could get a good set new with a warrenty to boot.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #5  
Go for a new one. By now all the "O" ring are dryed out or cracked. You don't need to blow up or burn yourself.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #6  
Check with a local welding supply shop about having it rebuilt, many times they can bead blast and replace all the o rings and valves for about $50.00. If you can get this one cheaper it might be worth an overhaul, otherwise bite the bullet and get a new torch outfit. A quality torch like a Victor should last you a lifetime, go ahead and get it over with.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #7  
   / Victor Cutting Torch #8  
Just a point on the Ebay listing...it says Victor TYPE and Victor COMPATIBLE. They are not made by Victor, they are cheap Chinese knock-offs with no warranty.

/ Victor Cutting Torch
bx24 said:
With a new one costing $100-$150 ... I'd go with a new one

The hassle isn't worth an extra $75 bucks
This particular model sells new for around $300+ (torch & handle).

I know I don't need a Victor torch set and one of the less expensive brands would be fine, but I like to buy the best quality tools I can. I'm in no hurry to buy it. I'm still thinking about it. I'd just hate to pass up something that could be a good deal.

/ Victor Cutting Torch #10  
Jarrett said:
This particular model sells new for around $300+ (torch & handle).

I know I don't need a Victor torch set and one of the less expensive brands would be fine, but I like to buy the best quality tools I can. I'm in no hurry to buy it. I'm still thinking about it. I'd just hate to pass up something that could be a good deal.

Amen, bro! You will NEVER regret it.