Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT

Default Victor Cutting Torch

I found a Victor cutting torch & handle at a pawn shop. The torch is model CA2460, which according to Victor's website is a heavy duty one. I couldn't tell what model the handle was. According to the Victor website the CA2460 only works with the 315 torch handle. Overall it looks in good shape, just dirty. The tip is in pretty decent shape. The only problem I could see with it is it was missing one of the valves on the torch handle. I don't remember if it was the oxy or acetylene valve. They want $50 for it. Does anyone know if this sounds fair? I know it's hard to tell without seeing it. I would still need a set of hoses and regulators. I don't mind spending a little at a time to get a good setup.

Default Re: Victor Cutting Torch

With a new one costing $100-$150 ... I'd go with a new one

The hassle isn't worth an extra $75 bucks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3000DT

You will probably spend more money piecing a system together than you will to just go out and buy an outfit.

Look on ebay. There is a vendor there named weldfabulous or something like that who sells Victor and Smith torch outfits. They're not all that expensive.
    Meetings: If more than two people are there, at least one's time is being wasted.

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

I think I would probably pass on this one to. For the money your going to spend on it and the rest of the parts you need you could get a good set new with a warrenty to boot.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900

Go for a new one. By now all the "O" ring are dryed out or cracked. You don't need to blow up or burn yourself.
    M-5040 w/cab, 05 RTV 900, Where the maple sap flows

Tractor
    L3830

Check with a local welding supply shop about having it rebuilt, many times they can bead blast and replace all the o rings and valves for about $50.00. If you can get this one cheaper it might be worth an overhaul, otherwise bite the bullet and get a new torch outfit. A quality torch like a Victor should last you a lifetime, go ahead and get it over with.

Check eBay ...

Here are two links ... one for hoses and one for the handle and gauges

eBay: NIB VICTOR Type Oxyacetylene Welding Cutting Torch Kit (item 230104237013 end time Mar-20-07 15:13:10 PDT)

Here is a 25' hose for $25 including shipping

eBay: WELDING HOSE 1/4" X 25' CUTTING TORCH HOSE (item 180097156283 end time Mar-22-07 18:23:26 PDT)

I am very glad that I went with a 50' hose - longer is quite handy

Gold Member

Just a point on the Ebay listing...it says Victor TYPE and Victor COMPATIBLE. They are not made by Victor, they are cheap Chinese knock-offs with no warranty.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT

Quote Originally Posted by bx24
    With a new one costing $100-$150 ... I'd go with a new one

The hassle isn't worth an extra $75 bucks
    This particular model sells new for around $300+ (torch & handle).

I know I don't need a Victor torch set and one of the less expensive brands would be fine, but I like to buy the best quality tools I can. I'm in no hurry to buy it. I'm still thinking about it. I'd just hate to pass up something that could be a good deal.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3000DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett
    This particular model sells new for around $300+ (torch & handle).

I know I don't need a Victor torch set and one of the less expensive brands would be fine, but I like to buy the best quality tools I can. I'm in no hurry to buy it. I'm still thinking about it. I'd just hate to pass up something that could be a good deal.
    Amen, bro! You will NEVER regret it.
    Meetings: If more than two people are there, at least one's time is being wasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast