Need plans for lawn core aerator

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #1  

joes_427_vette

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH Cub Lo Boy, 955 John Deere , TC 55 DA New Holland, Bolens HT 20 and 1456
Would like to build a 5' core aerator . Anyone know where the steel plug shells could be purchased ? I know they are cone shaped, thin and very durable. I would be covering 5-6 acres. If I can't find the shells I may weld some 1/2" rods to a section of well casing. I like the core idea best.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #2  
Ryan and Crafstman make units. The plug pullers just bolt on. Maybe you could just buy thier replacement units.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator
GT 2; I wasn't aware Craftsman sold tow behind units. I will check it out. Most of them I have seen were motorized units. Thanks !

Last edited:
   / Need plans for lawn core aerator #4  
joes_427_vette said:
Would like to build a 5' core aerator . Anyone know where the steel plug shells could be purchased ? I know they are cone shaped, thin and very durable. I would be covering 5-6 acres. If I can't find the shells I may weld some 1/2" rods to a section of well casing. I like the core idea best.
They are expensive and you will need lots of them. Agri Supply sells the plug spoons. Here is a link.

Agri-Supply core aerator spoons

I was going to build one based on my dethatcher plans a few years ago and after pricing everything out I decided to tell the customer that it would be cheaper for him to just buy the aerator than to have one custom built.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #5  
I see you list Midwest as your location. I bought a 5' core areator from James Equipment in Sikeston MO. It was $475. It looks crude, but works as good as the $1300 units. I did a few mods to it, but it was well worth the price.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #6  
joes_427_vette said:

I was in the same delima last year. I priced out the tines (or spoons) and by the time I was to make the unit I could buy one already fabbed. I bought a great heavy-duty 5' model from Little Tractor (Metropolis, IL) built by Midwest equipment. The aerator is a beast. I have a part-time business and aerate, slit seed and fertilize. I have been extremely happy with the aerator by midwest. The price was about $500 less than what I could have bought a Landpride, Woods, or Bush Hog unit for. I have used it quite abit and have had no problems. I think it is built better than the Woods or Landpride models (just my opinion) and at a better price. The other great thing about the model is that it is made right here in the Midwest.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator
lively1 said:
I was in the same delima last year. I priced out the tines (or spoons) and by the time I was to make the unit I could buy one already fabbed. I bought a great heavy-duty 5' model from Little Tractor (Metropolis, IL) built by Midwest equipment. The aerator is a beast. I have a part-time business and aerate, slit seed and fertilize. I have been extremely happy with the aerator by midwest. The price was about $500 less than what I could have bought a Landpride, Woods, or Bush Hog unit for. I have used it quite abit and have had no problems. I think it is built better than the Woods or Landpride models (just my opinion) and at a better price. The other great thing about the model is that it is made right here in the Midwest.

Lively 1 ; Do you have a make, model number, or web site for this product ? If possible can you snap a couple pictures ? This sounds interesting..

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #8  
Midwest Equipment. Finding a dealer will be difficult but they do make the attachments for Kioti.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #9  
I was able to buy an an AE60 aerator direct from Midwest because I didn't have a distributor within a couple hundred miles. They are reasonably priced and as far as I can tell, built as well as any.

/ Need plans for lawn core aerator #10  
I was looking for the agrifab ones but I would need to modiy so they would work with my drawbar. They also have a spike aerator that also is a spreader, but since I have a 3PT spreader, ..etc.