Poor man's gin pole and limb rake.

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #1  

krue

Tractor
MF 135 Perkins Gas
First is my adapted engine hoist. Have used it a few times and it works pretty good.

Next up is my limb rake, built it to drag and pile up the tree tops from my neverending Katrina cleanup project. Works pretty good so far.

Attachments

• 100_3158 (Small).JPG
    100_3158 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,939
  • 100_3159 (Small).JPG
    100_3159 (Small).JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,974
   / Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #2  
A cylinder that runs off the tractor's hydraulics would make your gin pole easier to run from the tractor seat. Being poor also, I understand why you are using what you are using...

David from jax

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake.
I don't have external hydraulics on the tractor (yet), it's an old MF-135 gas burner, I will put the kit on it sooner or later.

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #4  
Good looking gear - nice job. Looks well made.

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #5  
You sir….are innovative! Kudos.

Big Dad

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #6  
I like that limb rake. I see that you made the shanks straight down. If you were doing it again, would you do them that way again or angle them forward?

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake. #7  
I put a tooth bar on my FEL for just the same purpose - makes a great woods rake for removing dead stuff.

/ Poor man's gin pole and limb rake.
JerryG said:
I like that limb rake. I see that you made the shanks straight down. If you were doing it again, would you do them that way again or angle them forward?
I thought about putting some "rake" on the tines, but since I use it as much to push piles while I burn them I decided to leave them straight.