If I could only have one cutting tool...?

/ If I could only have one cutting tool...? #51  
I don't have a torch set or plasma cutter, or even a cheap bandsaw, so I make do with a sawzall. I've used a torch and cutoff saw before and they work well, thought the torch definitly takes a little practice. I find the sawzall works well and maybe requires a slight touch up with a belt sander or file to deburr and thats it. Certainly cheap enough, though I would love to have a plasma cutter for heavier stuff over 1/4" thick.

/ If I could only have one cutting tool...?
drivadesl said:
I don't have a torch set or plasma cutter, or even a cheap bandsaw, so I make do with a sawzall. I've used a torch and cutoff saw before and they work well, thought the torch definitly takes a little practice. I find the sawzall works well and maybe requires a slight touch up with a belt sander or file to deburr and thats it. Certainly cheap enough, though I would love to have a plasma cutter for heavier stuff over 1/4" thick.

For some reason, I can't get my sawsall to cut straight. It's a Makita, and I use the Milwaukee ice blades. I've been making do with a 4 1/2" grinder and skinny wheels. I've found that any other cut takes just as much time with a grinder to clean it up as I take with the grinder to make the initial cut.