Quick-attached Landscape Rake with Top-n-Tilt-n-Swivel !

/ Quick-attached Landscape Rake with Top-n-Tilt-n-Swivel ! #1  

jimgerken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I just "finished" again adding new stuff to/for my King Klutter 72" Landscape rake, which is used for gravel driveway maintenance and ATV trail build/maintain. After being introduced to the Quick-hitch idea by my friend, I added one to the John Deere 4100. Then I felt I needed a Top cylinder dedicated instead of swapping it around for various uses. I found a sweet one at Agri-supply.com, their item 67464. Then I realized that I was going to run out of hyraulic circuits (I have the original loader joystick, and I added another joystick valve for two more), and the space on this little tractor is so tight, there's no room to mount more valves on there. So I decided to go with a selector valve from Surpluscenter.com , their item number 9-4128. And for mounting I figured I could mount the selector right on the hyd top link cylinder itself with a flat plate and a couple muffler clamps. That worked well, and just cleared everything when operated. Now, the plumbing. One of the two available circuits from my added joystic control is plumbed to the tilt cylinder. The other circuit from the joystick is plumbed to the selector. Operating the selector allows you to choose to operate either the top cylinder itself or a pair of couplers mounted right into the selector. Then the landscape rake swivel cylinder I added can be plugged in there. So the one joystick control valve does double duty in the side to side direction. OK, here's a picture, more to come, this is kind of complex when you first peek at it. Also shown is the suitcase weights I added to get a bit more authority from the rake. There is room on my brackets to add a second weight on each side, but tests have shown this is probably enough already. Enjoy...

Attachments

• P4020045.JPG
    P4020045.JPG
    662.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • P4020046.JPG
    P4020046.JPG
    593.8 KB · Views: 951
  • P4020047.JPG
    P4020047.JPG
    668.8 KB · Views: 778
  • P4020048.JPG
    P4020048.JPG
    654 KB · Views: 755
  • P4020049.JPG
    P4020049.JPG
    645.2 KB · Views: 754
  • P4020055.JPG
    P4020055.JPG
    664.4 KB · Views: 1,276
   / Quick-attached Landscape Rake with Top-n-Tilt-n-Swivel ! #2  
Nice looking setup Jim, never seen a valve mounted right on the cylinder like that.

/ Quick-attached Landscape Rake with Top-n-Tilt-n-Swivel ! #3  
Man you've been busy.
That's alot of equipment you have mounted there.
Good job, I'm just getting started with real hydraulics, and power remotes.

/ Quick-attached Landscape Rake with Top-n-Tilt-n-Swivel ! #4  
Nice job. That's going to be a versatile implement.