Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Re: Trencher

Well, I wouldn't have thunk it! But, hey, I'd rather suck up a little crow than see all your fabrication time turned into scrap metal.
    GLAD IT WORKED!

Tractor
    Farmnought.Gravely Model L,Gravely Model LI,1941 Clinton two wheeler

Well...it dug a trench...but where's the rock hiding??
    Cut enough wood and you WILL hit a nail....
    1945 Allis-Chalmers,1967 Wheelhorse.The wife has a bubble hooded Simplicity and a Dixon.
    Anything green here- has roots or gets spent!!!

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Now I don't want any of you guys sneaking over to Havoctec's place and burying rocks, rebar, or late model Winnebagos just to see what happens.

Bronze Member

Tough crowd Great results on the initial efforts. Maintain a healthy respect for the cautions provided. Don't let complacency give the "thomases" the last word.......Can you come to my place and butb a trench from my garage to a small barn? Its only about 300' and there are no rocks or roots.....I think

How much clearance is there bewtween the guard and the wheel? I'm just picturing my snow blower and the bolt shaped groove pressed into 5" or so of the steel fan shroud....I hit an errant bolt and the heavy guage steel has a nice groove in it about 5" long. It didn't take long and the blower stopped but it could have been worse.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 40 A, AC 5020

Great job!! Glad to see it worked.

The trench is not a hole, but there are lots of holes around.
    Where Bob Wills is still the king.
    102 acres, and nothing but work! Wouldn't change it for anything.

Tractor
    massey ferguson 135/1433v

Quote Originally Posted by kossetx
    Great job!! Glad to see it worked.

The trench is not a hole, but there are lots of holes around.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!

I've been watching this thread and that little unit sure cuts a clean slice.. Good Job!! How long did it take to cut the first 19" trench?

Platinum Member
    20 miles southeeast of downtown Sacramento
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23

That thing is kool!
    Kubota BX23, BT600 BH, LA210 FEL, Maschio L125 tiller, Gearmore BB 20-48 BB, King Cutter 6' rear blade, Homemade PHD, Brinly BST-50 broadcaster, ? 6' cultipacker, log & chain drag.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Awesome tool and great results. If you are worried about hitting immovable objects, you could put on a slip clutch from a bush hog.

toy
    Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havoctec
    Ok you doubting Thomas'. Had a chance to hook it up and try it for a few minutes tonight, just before dark. Mostly because I know you guys want to know how badly it will self distruct!!

Well I only dug a trench about 15' long and 19" deep. It worked well except for the telescoping front guard. There is not enough slope at the bottom of it to keep from digging into the ground so I will have to weld on a bigger skid plate. Other than that it worked as I expected. Even piled up the dirt beside the trench. I'm surprised that worked.

Only ran the tractor at 1500 rpms which did not seem to put undo stress on the trencher. It did make the tractor work a little.

I don't have a video camera so no video. It would have been very anti climactic anyway. I'll try to get action shots when I finish up the trench and it is light out.
    Congratulations I'm glad it worked out for you I've been hoping for a favorable daybu of it.. I'll bet you was singing that that I told you song you know the one na nanna na na and you deserve to get to do so. Now that it has showed its stuff I would like to say that I beleive that there was some serious and earnest concerns about it self destructing and concerns for safety so if it was me I would look it over to see if I could beef it up with reenforcement so it will last a long time. Good luck with it and future projects that you might get into. A lot of ideas that turned out to be great inventions probably had a lot of trials and errors before perfection was attained and perserverancewas a big key to getting there.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by river rat
    Well, I wouldn't have thunk it! But, hey, I'd rather suck up a little crow than see all your fabrication time turned into scrap metal.
    GLAD IT WORKED!
    I wouldn't have thought it either. I keep thinking one big tree root and whammo! Kapow!
    2006 Kubota BX24 owner

TBN thread killah

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast