Trencher

/ Trencher #51  
sandman2234 said:
As far as lacking the skills and guts, I think my trencher post pretty much explains what I think about that comment, without having to say anything.

David from jax

Maybe i didnt make myself clear enough, but the "howling with the wolves" comment wasnt directed at you... Off course it would be a shame if everybody was chanting for a video without warning him to be cautious with this mean machine, but as far as i read back, you commented for Havoctec's own good, not to ridiculise him as a person.

MOPAULY said:
Because of a little thing called DEATH and SERIOUS BODILY INJURY. While the project looks neat it also looks quite dangerous. If that thing hits an immovable object it's going to jack the tractor up backwards until something breaks which by that time is hopefully not the operator.

Sorry, but that's just crap. some folks are just commenting here for their own sensation.
The cage he built around the trencher is strong enough and if it struck an immovable object and it really didnt give in, the drive chain or shaft coupling will break.

Havoctec, just give it a go ! dont feel discouraged by sensational comments ;)

/ Trencher #52  
I'm not commenting for the 'sensation?', and I'm sure others aren't either that have very valid safety concerns. The idea and craftsmanship are great but you still have to be careful.

/ Trencher
Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I'm not to worried about it self distructing on the initial try because I will run it in sand. Now rocks and roots??? Not so confident.

Not sure if I will get video but will definately get pics for you guys. After all these comments I wouldn't want to disapoint you guys!

I have not had time to check the site for a few days so it's not the comments that have kept me from posting. Will be at least a week before I will have a chance to try it.

/ Trencher #54  
Havoctec said:
Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I'm not to worried about it self destructing on the initial try because I will run it in sand. Now rocks and roots??? Not so confident.

Not sure if I will get video but will definitely get pics for you guys. After all these comments I wouldn't want to disappoint you guys!

I have not had time to check the site for a few days so it's not the comments that have kept me from posting. Will be at least a week before I will have a chance to try it.

I do believe that it is our concern for you and make sure you wear protective clothing, glasses, helmet and all that stuff and I don't think it will have to be safety orange:D
Be careful and the best of luck to you, I have built many things that turned into lawn ornaments and my friends ask me about them and I just say,, are you ready for another adult beverage yet ;)
And please do the video thing so we can learn
Jim:)

/ Trencher #55  
Good, good !! watching someone elses home made machinery being operated for the first time, is the most exciting thing to do... except trying out your own home made machinery ;)

i guess we'll have to wait then... :)

/ Trencher #56  
Well, I'm gonna have to join in the chorus calling for videos, as well as a hard hat. To be honest, it looks to me like (if it doesn't tear the toplink attachment or the lower link pins off) the guard arrangement will contribute nothing more than an addition to the number of flying, twisted parts!
I hope I'm wrong, because it was obviously a lot of work, and consumed a lot of thought. Kudos to you for being willing to build it yourself, but I'm gonna be one of those watching from a distance.
Hope I'm wrong!

/ Trencher #57  
Well....if it does tear the tractor apart,you can take it back to Deere and say it was "just sitting there and fell apart!"...They'd have to believe you.....

/ Trencher #58  
Here are the pics of the trencher after 10 seconds.

Mike

Attachments

• trencher 2.jpg
    trencher 2.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • trencher 3.jpg
    trencher 3.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,194
   / Trencher #59  
Havoctec said:
Thought you may like to see some pics of my latest project. It runs good but it has not been in the ground yet. The frost is not out yet and it's to sloppy out but hopefully I can try it soon.
In the second picture it looks like the peice of metal welded on the spokes of the two spokes that goes to the hub are backwards from the others is there a reason for that. Hope it works out for you that way you can sing that song that used to be sung on the play ground , you know the one na nana na na but in either case be careful. I don't think you will be sumping it up all at once but instead you will plung it gradually right? Another thing the Wright brothers probably had unsuccessful attempts before they were successful, I guess the saying if at first you don't succeed try try and try again. Good luck.

/ Trencher #60  
Good luck- hopefully it doesn't end like this.

J

Attachments

• trencher_fallout.JPG
    trencher_fallout.JPG
    999.7 KB · Views: 1,134