Trencher

/ Trencher #71  
Havoctec said:
Thought you may like to see some pics of my latest project. It runs good but it has not been in the ground yet. The frost is not out yet and it's to sloppy out but hopefully I can try it soon.
I hope your trencher works out . If you have not tried it out yet look it over to see if there is anyway that you can reenforce it to make sure it works. The spacers that ties the spokes together next to the outside of the wheel might need some more reenforcement ,make sure all your welds are good hopefully someone else might have some more constructive comments or some suggestions that might make it stronger. Eagerly waiting a progress report. Good luck.

/ Trencher #72  
Well if it doesn't stab you in the back or turn sideways and have you hovering over your field, you could always put your tractor on flat top boat and use it as a paddle wheel.

Good luck!

:D :D :D :D :D

Darwinism at work

/ Trencher #73  
Maybe someone else has pointed this out already, but I haven't seen it. The paddles on it are just that, paddles. It looks like they would just scrap the ground without really engaging. I believe I would have angled them very aggresively and put a sharp edge on them.

/ Trencher #74  
I would put a big rubber mud flap towards the front and make it a V shape to bounce the dirt to either side and to keep the dirt from flying up at your tractor and yourself.

Or better yet, put a middle buster up front to start the digging process.

/ Trencher #75  
Havotec, as they used to say, 'cmon back, good buddy:) No matter what anybody says, we love 'ya and are pulling for 'ya... hoping for pictures of the best 'lil ole sand trench you ever saw:D

/ Trencher #76  
Tractors4u said:
Maybe someone else has pointed this out already, but I haven't seen it. The paddles on it are just that, paddles. It looks like they would just scrap the ground without really engaging. I believe I would have angled them very aggresively and put a sharp edge on them.
A much better post, we want to help one another in our love for our tractors and building things not stiffeling thoughts but encourage them. I see that you are in Iraq , our prayers with you keep safe.

/ Trencher #78  
You don't think he tried it and it ended in a bad thing? Where are you????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

/ Trencher #79  
btw anyone else notice the tire chains?

do they do any good sitting in the valleys between the treds like that? :confused:

/ Trencher #80  
schmism said:
btw anyone else notice the tire chains?

do they do any good sitting in the valleys between the treds like that? :confused:

that is the snow country solution to use the tractor between storms...:)