Trencher

/ Trencher #81  
I guess we'll all be shocked when he digs a trench 3 feet deep and 2 feet wide and 40 feet long in two minutes. The Wright brothers had to start somewhere.

/ Trencher #82  
Is Havoctec out of the hospital yet? How is he doing?

/ Trencher #83  
75729d1177853034-trencher-tractor-

Attachments

• tractor flip.jpg
    tractor flip.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,177
Last edited:
   / Trencher #85  
Is that really a pic of Havoctec's tractor?

/ Trencher #86  
Does it look like a John Deere? No its not havoctec. Just a picture of what it could be................

/ Trencher
Ok you doubting Thomas'. Had a chance to hook it up and try it for a few minutes tonight, just before dark. Mostly because I know you guys want to know how badly it will self distruct!! :D

Well I only dug a trench about 15' long and 19" deep. It worked well except for the telescoping front guard. There is not enough slope at the bottom of it to keep from digging into the ground so I will have to weld on a bigger skid plate. Other than that it worked as I expected. Even piled up the dirt beside the trench. I'm surprised that worked.

Only ran the tractor at 1500 rpms which did not seem to put undo stress on the trencher. It did make the tractor work a little.

I don't have a video camera so no video. It would have been very anti climactic anyway. I'll try to get action shots when I finish up the trench and it is light out.

Attachments

• first trench.JPG
    first trench.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 1,315
  • trench depth.jpg
    trench depth.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,238
   / Trencher #89  
Doubting Thomas's,
Does Crow really taste like Chicken?
Great looking trench!

/ Trencher #90  
Farwell said:
Doubting Thomas's,
Does Crow really taste like Chicken?
Great looking trench!

Chomp chomp chomp... well, yeah... kinda like chicken..... chomp chomp....