Trencher

/ Trencher #1  

Havoctec

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310
Thought you may like to see some pics of my latest project. It runs good but it has not been in the ground yet. The frost is not out yet and it's to sloppy out but hopefully I can try it soon.

Attachments

• trencher.JPG
    trencher.JPG
    520.7 KB · Views: 3,939
  • trencher on.JPG
    trencher on.JPG
    583.3 KB · Views: 3,127
   / Trencher #2  
How high is the reduction ratio of the angle gearbox and the chain sprockets ?
It looks like a pretty big wheel to me, with a high circumferential speed...
I hope the reduction is high enough or it will be dragging your tractor back like a snowmobile... ;)

/ Trencher #3  
Wow. That is going to do something spectacular. I too wonder about your gearbox ratio. More specs please. BTW I noticed your tire chains are in the grooves of your R4s. How's that work?

SimS

/ Trencher #5  
texasjohn said:
Just gotta have an action photo!
Hope you have good dirt, few rocks.

No kidding! i just purchased Hitch N Ditch to use for laying my lamppost and sprinkers in! It is rated to handle up to a 2 inch pipe.

/ Trencher #7  
Yeah like the rest said, video!

/ Trencher #8  
Please have the video camera available for the VERY FIRST useage. I want to see the results 'cause I am betting it will look a lot like Godzilla wading thru a steel girder bridge. Just pray the chain breaks.

/ Trencher #9  
Whatta machine! You must have some really nice dirt to dig. If you tried using that in my clay -- something would come apart. How wide are those paddles? Look pretty narrow for anything bigger than elect.

/ Trencher #10  
Holy Widow Maker Batman!!!!!!!!!

I hope it works, but I see disaster at some point.