Fabing a platform

/ Fabing a platform #1  

gcp

Silver Member
Guys, I’m thinking of building a steel carrying platform of sort, and bolt it onto the front of my YM2000. It will allow me to carry things around (rocks, sacks of cement, lumber…), and will add the needed weight to the front. Any construction ideas you care to share will be appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Fabing a platform #2  
I have seen pictures of "rock boxes" that farmers use and they have either a hinged bottom floor with a locking mechanism/handle for dumping or the front vertical plate is hinged and can be folded down to push the rocks out the front. This might be something to consider when you built yours.

/ Fabing a platform #3  
I built a front bumper that had a 2" reciever in the middle of it. Then all you had to do was a put whatever you wanted on the front. I mounted a sprayer to spray round-up. Also had a shackle on the front to hook chain in and pull thing with. A friend of my filled his bumper like mine with lead that he got at a tire store for weight (he had a steep hill to bush hog up). I just installed a front end loader and had to remove it and will miss it. I have a Yanmar. dan

/ Fabing a platform #4  
Here is a picture of the bumper on tractor.

Attachments

• shed 016.jpg
    shed 016.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 968
   / Fabing a platform #5  
old hippy: That a WD or WD-45 in the background?? Looks pretty straight...what's wrong with it?? BobG in VA

/ Fabing a platform #6  
Bob that is a 1953 WD that belonged to my father-in-law. It is a pretty nice tractor. It is not used for much, a little trailer pulling and such. thanks big dan

/ Fabing a platform
Thanks to oldhipp, I've now made my Yanmar even more versatile. The receiver he sent me worked out like a charm...after I had to drill a couple of holes on my tractor's bumper, which proved a not so easy task with the hand drill. But it's done and over with, now I can tow a trailer, or use the platform to haul stuff around. A big thanks to Big Dan!

Receiver.jpg

Receiver2.jpg

platform.jpg

Platformatwork.jpg

/ Fabing a platform #8  
oldhippy said:
Here is a picture of the bumper on tractor.
A very pretty barn in the background. Thanks for the pic.

/ Fabing a platform
crbr, where did you see my barn?

/ Fabing a platform #10  
I think he was talking about Oldhippy's barn, right behind the other tractor.
David from jax