Fence stretcher/installer

/ Fence stretcher/installer #1  

Brad_Blazer

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS
When I visited my brother last summer someone had loaned him this fence installer/stretcher. I thought it looked like a good idea so I took some pictures so I could make one.

I was off Thursday and Friday and made good progress on my own.

When it is time to stretch the fence it gets clamped between 2 pieces of angle iron. Here is a detail of one of the clamping levers.

Saturday I pretty much finished it up adding the fence roll carrier. The base is a disk that was a cutout for a manhole on a large tank. It looks a lot like a cultivator disk. There is a hole in the center of the disk for a piece of 1.5" pipe. A pin through the top of the frame secures the top end of the pipe. I also added some feet under the disk so it will stand up to make hookup easier.

Here it is complete. I will still add some small gussets where the horizontal channels are attatched.

Top detail. I welded a stub of the same pipe to the hole in the channel and made a fat pin to drop in. The washer seen on top is welded to the pin.

And here is a picture of the fence clamps in the locked position.

Brad

/ Fence stretcher/installer #3  
You did a good job on that. I've been thinking of something similar. Thanks for posting the pictures.