Upcoming build - question for grader owners

/ Upcoming build - question for grader owners
Hi laurencen,

I had seen the thread on your grader build, and it is one of the designs most similar to what I intend to build. Since you have had it for awhile, are there any things that you would change? I guess the main design question I have is whether to angle the blades or not. I will mainly use it for grading a 1/4 mile gravel road, but I will occasionally use it to level areas of dirt.

Thanks,
Dave

/ Upcoming build - question for grader owners #12  
djw250 said:
Hi laurencen,

I had seen the thread on your grader build, and it is one of the designs most similar to what I intend to build. Since you have had it for awhile, are there any things that you would change? I guess the main design question I have is whether to angle the blades or not. I will mainly use it for grading a 1/4 mile gravel road, but I will occasionally use it to level areas of dirt.

Thanks,
Dave

I asked a similar question of RonMar, in the other Grader thread titled "RonMars grader".

If/when I build one, don't know if I shoul go through the hassle of angling the baldes, but, if it makes a big difference may be worth it.

From what I have been researching, in your case, for a long driveway, the angle of the blades will assist with crowning your road, so you may want to seriously consider it. I am mostly doing dirt work/landscaping, so I may be OK with straight blades.
At least that is what me reading points to at the moment.

We'll get the scoop from these expereinced builders. I value their opinions highly.