Built a Shrub Bucket

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #1  

Champy

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 990
Attached are some photos of a "new" shrub bucket I built with the help of some friends. I saw some pictures of these buckets and worked up a design of my own (with some help from Mr. Jimi - thanks) that works for my JD 300CX FEL quick attach bucket. Pops right on and clips into place neat as a pin.

Since I have zero welding skills (and no welder), the local high school shop class helped out by using it as a class project and doing all the welding for me - fully supervised and mentored by their instructor of course.

Now I need to primer it and finish painting..........

Attachments

• DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    569.5 KB · Views: 3,984
  • DSC00747.JPG
    DSC00747.JPG
    567.3 KB · Views: 2,540
  • DSC00748.JPG
    DSC00748.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 2,355
   / Built a Shrub Bucket
Here are some more pics and also an Adobe pdf copy of the design drawing if someone has a desire to build it yourself........

Attachments

• DSC00744.JPG
    DSC00744.JPG
    546.5 KB · Views: 1,825
  • DSC00749.JPG
    DSC00749.JPG
    612.5 KB · Views: 1,401
  • DSC00750.JPG
    DSC00750.JPG
    574.1 KB · Views: 1,611
  • Shrub Bucket Design.pdf
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,398
   / Built a Shrub Bucket #3  
Very nice! Ought to make a useful addition to your tractor attachment arsenal. And thanks for taking the time to create that PDF file. I printed it off and filed it.

Corm

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #4  
Afternoon Champy,
Real heavy duty and nicely done ! The JD quick attach is a nice setup, Im jealous !

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #5  
Looks real good Champy
:)

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #6  
Very nice & thanks also for posting the design pdf file.

Have you used it yet? If so what if anythign would you change?

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #7  
Looks sweet Champy.

Might think about adding a couple teeth on there to make it dig easier.

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #8  
Champy,
I would love to see some action photos real soon. I have 8 bushes I need to transplant and if your bucket works good I am going to make one.
Great job.

/ Built a Shrub Bucket #9  
Man, I like that. Nice job! Now I have another damm thing to build. Get 'er painted green. Or Yellow.

/ Built a Shrub Bucket
Here is a shot of it taking out a small sapling. Haven't had time to try something bigger.......

I am expecting adding some teeth (maybe), and some changes would possibly be reinforcement ribs along the bucket (if needed). We some more use I can see the need for some position indicators or locator flags to judge exactly where you are hitting around the tree/shrub.

I'm also working to better understand how to "lever" the bucket & forward push of the tractor to get a deeper cut made. Any suggestions are welcomed, though probably practice will help the most i guess.

Attachments

• DSC00751.JPG
    DSC00751.JPG
    591.8 KB · Views: 2,031
  • DSC00752.JPG
    DSC00752.JPG
    592.7 KB · Views: 1,850