My 3-Pt Dethatcher

/ My 3-Pt Dethatcher #1  

IMCA38

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1225 w/loader, Case 1840 SS, Ransomes 723D mower
I finally finished up my dethatcher. I was intrigued by the one Madreferee did a couple of years ago. I exchanged a couple of messages with Mad and he was most helpful. I wish I would have gotten it done and the pics posted sooner. :(
I've tried it out and I'm very happy with how it digs the stuff off of the ground. The main cross bars are 2" square tubing with channel on the ends. The blue portion was a $15 auction buy a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a 3-Pt trailer puller, but it's enormous length makes manuvering a trailer quite an adventure! I did leave the hitch part intact in case I'm ever able to find a pull-type sweeper (Jacobsen, Olathe, Smithco, etc.) then I can pick up everything without having to go back. The guage wheels are a HF sale item. I made them tall for two reasons, first to allow them to be used for storing the unit with times off the ground, and second, I can use them on my BB or RB if I weld on some receivers.
I still need to add a front parking stand, and I will probably make some "L" shaped legs to replace the guage wheels for parking. The white blocks are lead weights from my race car, they weigh about 50-55# each, and give lots of dig!
Hopefully, since it's been tested and I'm still alive, everyone will be nicer to me than they were to our fellow TBN'er about the home-made trencher!

Todd

Attachments

• Project 1.jpg
    Project 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Project 2.jpg
    Project 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,124
   / My 3-Pt Dethatcher #2  
Excellent! Mad would be proud:D

/ My 3-Pt Dethatcher #3  
Job Well Done. I will have to get my camera from work today and take pics of mine. I don't have wheels on mine yet but am using it. I just have to watch the height more.

murph