Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification!

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #1  

TriHonu

I have noticed on a number of web forums that there is significant interest in the specifications for the “Universal Attachment Mount”.

This specification was published by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) in June 2000 as “Earthmoving Machinery - - Coupling of Attachments to Skid Steer Loaders“

The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has also published this standard as 24410 in 2005.

The specification actually describes the area that is reserved for the loader side of the attachment, which then tells you how to wrap an attachment mount around it.

The SAE specification is Metric.

The attached file has an additional image with all measurements converted to the nearest 16th inch.

Attachments

• SAE_J2513.pdf
    512.2 KB · Views: 3,755
   / Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #2  
I was looking for that! Thanks!

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #3  
I'm also happy to see that, now I know the four I built are right !!

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #4  
Thanks very much. Now I know why the one I built is a little hard to get on. I won't make that mistake again.

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #5  
Is there such a specification sheet and or dimensions for category I 3 point hitch, quick attachments.

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #6  
If you were building another mount wouldn't it be logical to copy the one you already have that fits correctly ? ( or am I missing something here ? )

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #7  
joes_427_vette said:
If you were building another mount wouldn't it be logical to copy the one you already have that fits correctly ? ( or am I missing something here ? )

I don't have a QA bucket but I am interested in converting mine. Even though the standard only covers the female plate, with a photo of a QA mechanism plus the standard above I am confident I can make the whole thing to the standard. Happily I am taking an Autodesk Inventor class at work this week. :)

Adapter kits seem to start at more than $500 plus shipping just for the male mechanism and you still have to weld them on.

Brad

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #8  
What you are missing is that when I built the Quick Attach receptacle I was somewhat handicapped (in addition to the natural genetic ones). I did not have a QA loader or an attachment with a QA receptacle. I just measured the QA locking section (the one that connects to the FEL) on a machine at a dealer's lot and made a receptacle that I thought it would "fit" into. And the receptacle could not be made in a single piece because part of the implement it was designed for protrudes between the two arms. Therefore, it was in two pieces--sorta---and then attached to the implement. And my old tape measure may have been a bit off, to say nothing of the plastic protractor I used to measure the angles. Combine that with blurred vision and a shop so full of junk iron I could hardly move, and it is a wonder it fit at all. But on the next one I can just park the tractor in the shop with the FEL raised about 4' and use the QA just like a tailor uses a mannikin to "mold" a suit, 'scept I will weld where he sews. Since I never seem to allow enough clearance for welding bead shrinkage and shrinkage of iron due to heating and cooling, it will probably fit so tight I will never get if off.

/ Here is the Universal Attachment Mount Specification! #9  
I made a simple wooden pattern of jig of the portion that fits on the FEL. It is piece of plywood with a block of wood at each corner. The blocks hav ethe correct angle. I clamp this to the implement, then clamp four strips of steel to the blocks and start welding.

The blocks set the wor angles correctly, set the dimensions correct, and also ensure the mount is square.

With this setup it takes four strips of metal, a cutting torch, amd a welder to install a quich hitch to an implement with a flat surface.

What would be really cool is to make the fixture out of steel, with magnets that would hold the four steel strips.