Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ?

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #1  

DTCOOPER

Bronze Member
Tractor
02 CIH D33
I am debating trying to build a mower deck, (with engine) to mount out to the side of the FEL.. Be nice for mowing fencelines, ditches, etc..
Anybody ever seen one ?? Possibly use a deck from an old riding mower, and mount a lawnmower engine to it.. What say the masses?

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #2  
My neighbour took a lawn mower, changed the wheels out for 4 casters and mounted it on a frame out front and to the left of his garden tractor. He used it to cut along fence lines, under bushes and spruces. Seemed to do a great job with the hydrostatic drive of the tractor.

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #3  
There is a post on TBN with lots of pictures of a FEL mower w/a hydraulic drive. The guy did a fantastic job and it really work well. Use the search function or maybe someone can recall the post.

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #4  
When you're in the seat, you have no control of the lawn mower engine so if it were mine, i'd have a remote ignition switch, just in case.

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #5  
I made a hydraulic drive bush hog that quick attached to a Bob Cat. It worked great having it up vertical and cutting down the vines and jungle stuff in FL fence lines. I used a mower deck that I bought at an auction that the highway crew used as a boom mower for mowing down steep banks.

Mike

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #6  
I made one out of a rotted out central tractor(Howse) Bush hog. Made it for ASV loader which uses a quick attach plate, but that is about the only difference from what you are contemplating. Some advice- get a bush hog with the stump jumper plate, and build it strong. I use mine to eat up multiflora roses and 3 inch trees, so I opted to use a hydraulic motor to power it. If you want to mount it out to the side, you might want to look into an Acre-Ease mower Built by Koontz (sp?) these are heavy duty wing mowers that can double your mowing width, and are a 3 blade finish type mower.

/ Anyone ever build a mower for the FEL ? #7  
Although it seems like a good idea, mounting the side mower on the FEL, I would prefer to mount it on the 3 pt hitch. If you catch something immoveable with the mower, and you bend your 3 pt hitch, you will be sick. If you catch the mower and bend something on your FEL, most likely you will twist it and it won't work right, and you will not only be sick, but out a considerable more amount of $$$.
David from jax