AGCO tractors

/ AGCO tractors #1  

helobubba

I just got off the phone with a local AGCO tractor dealer. They sell 30hp compacts for under $10,000. He said that their compact line is made by ISEKI of Japan. Does anyone out their have experience with AGCO (formerly AGCO/ALLIS) or ISEKI? Thanks in advance.

/ AGCO tractors #2  
No experience but have been looking at AGCO also. Was he quoting the ST30 or ST30x? From everything I've seen they seem to be very high quality machines. Care to disclose the price?

/ AGCO tractors #3  
Iseki is a grey market import from Japan. Their small ones have been labeled as Bolens. I'm not sure but I think their larger ones were MF. Make sure that they have parts support. Even though claims are made that there's an American equivalent, thats not always the case. All the compact tractors you look at are made by an off-shore company. The JD Yanmar connection is well known.

/ AGCO tractors #4  
Massey Fergusen has been importing thier compact line from Iseki since 1992.

AGCO, who is the parent company of MF, is now marketing certain models of the same tractor line as thier 'ST' line.

Very good design. Nice machines. I may be a little biased since I own a 93 MF 1125, but it's got over 1200 hours on it and still runs like a new one. I've replaced a few minor items on it and parts availability is not a problem.

What models are you looking at?

good luck,

/ AGCO tractors #5  
AGCO I believe is a holding company that has been buying up small tractor and farm equipment manufacturers all over the world for the past ten years or so. Don't know much about their quality since each tractor line is different and has its own reputation. I agree with other posters. They bought up MF. I think they also bought out Case sometime ago. I think you'll have to do your own due diligance. In other words, buyer beware.

/ AGCO tractors #6  
The Agco and Massey Compacts are identical except for the color. For example, the Agco ST30 is equivalent to the Massey 1235. Both are Iseki's. They appear to be a high quality compact. I've found that the Massey's are a bit pricier for some reason. I think the price you have is probably for an ST30X (economy model) with a GST. The price for the ST30 HST is more like $13K. Do a search under "other brands" and you'll find more information on these tractors.

PowerMax

/ AGCO tractors
It was the ST30x model and he quoted the price at $9500. $12000 with a FEL installed.

/ AGCO tractors #8  
Not too bad of a price. I was offered a ST35 w/Powershuttle at the Illinois Farm Show for $12,000, $16,000 w/loader. The dealer offered incentives for buying at the show, unfortunately for me I had to pass it up /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif. My tractor fund was depleated over the last year due to medical bills.

/ AGCO tractors #9  
I just came across an AGCO ST 25. Hydro, 60" MMM, FEL with toothbar and rear hydro connections with 83 hours. The owner traded up to the ST 30.

Asking $15,700. Is that a fair price?

Kip

/ AGCO tractors
That price seems a little high. I would keep looking.