Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor
those tractor manufacturers are an incestuous bunch it seems. well, as it turned out the ford is the go. i will let you know how it turns out.

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #12  
BobG_in_VA said:
I may be mistaken, but a whole bunch of Fords in the 80's were built by Iseki. I believe the smaller ones from the 1220 on up to the 1900 series tractors. I've got a good friend who has a 1900 that is...BobG in VA

Even if they were, those wouldn't be grey market tractors. However, I'm pretty sure most Ford CUTs were built by Shibura...but I'm no Ford expert.

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #13  
Send pics of your latest & bestest acquisition. :)

Vic

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #14  
BobG_in_VA said:
I may be mistaken, but a whole bunch of Fords in the 80's were built by Iseki. I believe the smaller ones from the 1220 on up to the 1900 series tractors. I've got a good friend who has a 1900 that is...BobG in VA

You miss the point of "grey market". Grey market tractors are the ones which were built totally for the overseas market and were shipped here as used tractors.

Iseki manufactered the Bolen/White and I think some of smaller Massey tractors. You can often times find locally parts for these models. But tractors like my Iseki TS2205 were never sold new in the US market. So often times finding parts for them is quite difficult. I know I have been trying to find parts and service for mine. I can find parts but the price is outlandish. My injector pump is similar to a Bosch but is a Japanesse pump. I can't find anyone who is willing to work on it with out a service manual. Oil filters if I remember correctly are $35.00 for 3.

I see no problem buying Iseki's tractors but make sure before you do you have an American sold similar tractor. I can't find a service manual in English. All i can find are in Japanesse.

Grey Market tractors can be nightmares.

Don

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #15  
I have a grey market Yanmar. Parts are no problem to get and often cheaper than JD parts I've learned. With the amount of land you have, I would go with the Ford though (unless you want to mow endlessly;)).

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #16  
According to tractordata.com the Ford 4110 is Power: Drawbar (rated): 41 hp [30.6 kW] PTO (rated): 48 hp [35.8 kW]

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #17  
dgl24087 said:
All Ford compacts from 1973-1996 were manufactured by Shibaura.

Opps! Sorry, you're right! Don't know why I was thinking Iseki...As a matter of fact if you look at the rear end of a comparable Shibaura to my friend's 1900, they appear to be identical...BobG in VA

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #18  
BobG_in_VA said:
if you look at the rear end of a comparable Shibaura to my friend's 1900, they appear to be identical...BobG in VA

I thought that was how to check if it's boy tractor or a girl tractor....

jb

/ Advice Sought: 2nd hand tractor #19  
Given those 2 machines.. I wouldn't even considder the iseki unless i needed a small tractor to do a few things with.

Soundguy

carmoda said:
Hi,

I have just acquired a 40acre property and i am looking at purchasing a tractor to slash and perform general farm duties. the property is mostly cleared, 30acres in over-grown state. the over grown section is steep with the occasional rock big enough to hurt a slasher blade. I don't want to spend a great deal of money and have been looking at older 2nd hand machines with low hours. currently i am looking at an Iseki TL2800F Tractor 4WD, 33hp, and a Ford 4110 4WD, 60 hp. Both tractors are sub 3000 hours. and appear in really good condition. I prefer the size of the smaller Iseki, but i am worried it may not be powerful enough to tow a slasher up our steep hill and/or be hard to get parts for (it's a grey import) having said that, i have not checked on the availability of parts for the ford either. will a 60hp be THAT much better on the slopes? i can get a lot of implements with the Iseki as well for the price of the ford alone.