Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #1  

CampWags

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, Kubota KX 41-3 Excavator Upgraded to Kioti DK65S with cab and Farmi winh
I am in the market for a subcompact tractor with mid mount mower and three point hitch. I have a large tractor and a mini excavator but now need something for mowing 2 acre yard plus using some 3pt attachments. No need for FEL just a hard working 20-27hp sub-compact.
Considered Kubota B???, Kioti CK20, MF 23?? any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Gary
Life is Short, Live Your Dreams!!!

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #2  
Also along those lines you have the New Holland TZ Series. Also have the John Deere 2305 (I think that is the #). I like the little NH TZ, but then I also like my TC24D.

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #3  
I'm pretty sure the kioti is more small compact than subcompact - similar in size to the smaller Kubota B series or Deere 2320 or New Holland TC23 / 26DA. I think you've got em covered

Kubota BX
Deere 2305
NH TZ series (there is also a Case IH version of this)
MF GC23

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #4  
The Kioti CK20 might be a little heavy (1962lbs gear/1993 hst) if you are looking for a primary mowing machine, but I garauntee it will out lift any other machine in it's class when it comes to 3pt hitch attachments (1109lbs - 24" aft of hitch). It can run a MMM and has a 2000 rpm mid-pto.

The Kubota BX24 weighs 1542lbs and only lifts 661lbs 24" behind lift point but has a 2500 rpm mid pto but that's at 3125 rpms whereas the Kioti is at 2706rpm.

I see your right in Alton, my dealer Welcome to Batchelder Sales has been great and I highly recommend them.

If you want to come over and play around on a cabbed CK20HST with FEL and a BH, give me a PM. :D

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #5  
Check out the Mahindra 15 series. They have several in your HP range (1815, 2015, 2415, 2615, 2815, 3015, and 3215). If the primary function is mowing, the Mahindra may not be the best tool. They're typically heavier than green and orange tractors in the same frame size and HP. But, they're worth checking out.

Good luck,

BR

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #6  
I have a JD 2210 (similar to 2305) with 62"C mmm mower. It is a very well engineered piece and very maneuverable. Does a great job mowing. though some owners complain of a bumpy ride. The mower is easy to mount and remove quickly. Depends on what kind of 3 pt activities you had in mind, 3 pt is limited by the tractor size and weight. Fuel consumption might be a consideration these days and you no doubt want a diesel. JD 2210/2305 uses about 3/4 gallon per hour depending on load. Mowing your two acres with the 62" deck should take you around 11/2 to 2 hours depending on obstacles. takes me 2 to 3 hours to do my 3.5 acres.

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #7  
I too am at a point of needing one last machine for mowing only. I have a MMM on a B7800 but it's cumbersome for my impatience. I'll go ZTR.

My neighbor has a B7100 that fits your described needs (from my perception) just right, other than the 18 HP. But you're on the right track.

Here's what is available in orange ==> www.kubota.com

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #8  
A ZTR would be a great choice for speed and maneuverability have a Massey Ferguson GC2310 with MMM and use it to cut 2 1/2 acres mostly I love the machine , it has big tractor features in a small package many here on TBN say the same, their input helped me make the choice for getting it.

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #9  
All good suggestions, so far. Also, consider Simplicity and TYM T233/T273. Though the TYM's are small compacts.

/ Imput on Sub Tractor with MMM & 3pt hitch #10  
You wouldn't go with the BX-24 if you don't need a loader (or BH.. both are standard on that model).

I just purchased a BX 2350, primarily for mowing, chipping (PTO) and other 3pt work (so I don't have to constantly be removing the BH from my larger tractor).

I've been pleasantly surprised at the power and expecially at the cut of the 60" mmm. Really a dream to drive. I have turfs and R4s and with the turfs the weight (about 1300 plus 250 for the mmm) is spread out well enough that I did very little damage traversing some very young grass.