Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum #11  
markanth said:
I understand that the Kubota 7800 will be replaced with some more hp in the not too distant future. Any info?
Thanks, Mark

Where or how did you come to understand that?

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum #12  
I think the 2520 would be a viable option. It is a 26 horsepower tractor 4X4, available with mower and loader.

J Dalman:D

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum
hill said:
Where or how did you come to understand that?

World ag expo in Tulare County... talked to a rep. that worked in the kubota factory

What have you heard?

Thanks, Mark

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum #14  
markanth said:
I want to plant some fairly high density grape vines as I have 5 acres only. I want to utilize as much of the land as possible. So I need a brand new tractor that can do a heck of a lot but not to exceel around 50" in total width in the range of 30 to 35 hp with at least 25 pto for air blast sprayer and for other multiple uses etc. I need it small enough so I can utilzie it between these vines. The new holland new t1520 (the 30 replacment) will measure out to 62" with r4s. The T26 from New Holland (around 48 inches in width) will only produce 19 pto. The Kubota B7800 will be around 56. I was hoping for no more than 48" to 50 width. What is in the horizon. Anything coming soon in either Kubota or New Holland-both local dealers. I understand that the Kubota 7800 will be replaced with some more hp in the not too distant future. Any info?
Thanks, Mark

What tires are your preference; R-1's or R-4's, as mentioned in the above post? R-1's width can be adjusted to several settings, which should meet your requirements on several tractors of your choice? If you are looking for R-4's; it maybe a tough find with the narrow gauge??

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum
machmeter62 said:
What tires are your preference; R-1's or R-4's, as mentioned in the above post? R-1's width can be adjusted to several settings, which should meet your requirements on several tractors of your choice? If you are looking for R-4's; it maybe a tough find with the narrow gauge??

I have some hills and I want to keep my height to a minimum too. Thus r4s are the preference.

I probably need to go with either Kubota or New Holland. The dealers are less than 3 miles away.

The New holland t1520 3 cylinder is 62" width with the r-4s. It has 35 hp and 27.8 or so pto. This is nice hp but wider than I wanted.

The Kubota b7800 - 4 cylinder is about 54" and upward depending on the tires and the settings. It has about 30hp and 23 pto. I was hoping that the new kubota b7800 replacement would up the hp and pto while I got away with the modest 54".

I have read about the TYM-49 inch width- 27hp with 22 or 23pto. However, I am concerned about the dealers capability at repair over the long run.
Thanks, Mark

/ Need low profile 30+ hp 25pto minimum #16  
markanth said:
I have some hills and I want to keep my height to a minimum too. Thus r4s are the preference.

I probably need to go with either Kubota or New Holland. The dealers are less than 3 miles away.

The New holland t1520 3 cylinder is 62" width with the r-4s. It has 35 hp and 27.8 or so pto. This is nice hp but wider than I wanted.

The Kubota b7800 - 4 cylinder is about 54" and upward depending on the tires and the settings. It has about 30hp and 23 pto. I was hoping that the new kubota b7800 replacement would up the hp and pto while I got away with the modest 54".

I have read about the TYM-49 inch width- 27hp with 22 or 23pto. However, I am concerned about the dealers capability at repair over the long run.
Thanks, Mark

MARK: I'm not trying to give you the "soft-sell" on tires; but steep hills will be challenging for R-4's. I have a fleet of tractors....when hills and traction are required; it calls for the R-1's for safety! If you are going over 15 degrees sideway; that becomes another issue on any tractor for a low CG. I would plan your rows, if possible going vertical only? If you are located in wet conditions, beware of the R-4's also.....they become "racing slicks!"

One of my tractors is a Ford 1500 2 cylinder 20 hp/ 17 PTO 4WD Diesel with a 12/4 manual trans. I pull a 60" HOWARD J rotavator with no problems for the last 25 years. I also have a Kubota L 175 with 17 HP/PTO (?), and I run a "REARS" sprayer that will shoot fluid 50'+ in the vertical if needed. We have some acreage with oak trees that sometimes gets caterpillar nests. I question why horspower is such a big concern; unless time is a factor? My other tractors range to the mid 30 hp and are never needed for these tasks. I think you would be surprised with a tractor of the B7800 performance or less in any color?

If possible get a demo before you spend your dollars for an "over-kill," and do some more homework to be sure? Is the sprayer your HP concern: how big (gallons)/ minimum HP required? I can spray our orchard/vineyard with a 25 gallon tank. Regardless of your purchase; one will run out of traction before HP!