Comparison New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #1  

candersen10

Gold Member
Tractor
Cat 262c, NH TN75, JD 6430 premium, JD 5325, Kubota BX2200, Ford 1710HC, JD 333E, JD3720, Farmall 504, Farmall 404.
I have a New Holland TN75 and a Kubota 4630(hydrostatic) on my 150 acre farm. The TN75 is a great machine but the Kubota is underpowered and constantly overheats when I am mowing or doing other jobs where it has to run at a constant RPM for an extended period of time. Because of this, I am planning on replacing my Kubota 4630 with a John Deere 5325. Has anyone had experience running this machine? How does the John Deere 5325 compare size wise to the Kubota 4630 and TN75?

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #3  
so i have to ask the obious question.....why not pick up another NH...

TC55 or another TN....

JD TractorData.com - John Deere 5325 PTO 55hp 4800+ lbs (no cab)
kubota TractorData.com - Kubota L4630 PTO 40hp 3800+ lbs
NH (TC55) TractorData.com - New Holland Boomer TC55 PTO 46 hp 4200 lbs
NH (TN65) TractorData.com - New Holland TN65 PTO 52 hp 4650 lbs
NH (TN75) TractorData.com - New Holland TN75 PTO 62 hp

(note i dont own nor operate either)

but from what i understand that dispite the TC55 small 6hp increase over the bota, it would perform much better....

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325
I had a TC33D before the Kubota 4630 and found that it was not a great machine for my purposes. The front end was way too light and our New Holland dealer said that you couldn't put more than two 100 pound weights on the front. I'm sure the TC33D is a great machine for the right situation, but my farm is very hilly and the TC33D's higher center of gravity and the light front was not a good combination. We also had the PTO clutch go which cost around 1500 dollars, and this was after just 300 hours of mowing use. When I looked at the Kubota 4630 I also looked at the TC55 and the TC45. Both seemed too tall and also I believe that the New Holland is made some where in South America. I really would prefer to get an American made machine, although the Kubota is obviously not American. The TC55 is also much lighter than the 5325. As for the TN65, it is exactly the same frame size as the TN75 with a smaller engine. I would like to get a 5325 because I believe it is about 10 inches shorter and has a slightly better turning radius than the TN75. The 5325 is also made in America, not Italy like the TN65 & TN75. Furthermore, my TN75 just blew it's transmission, which makes me feel a little skeptical about getting another similar machine. Has anyone tested a 5325 back to back with a TN75 though? Is the John Deere significantly smaller and still powerful? I'm probably going to demo the Deere next week so I'll be posting more soon.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #5  
the TC 33 and TC 45/55 are not the same frame.... and i cant belive a TC55 CG sits any higher off the ground than the JD....

but AFAIK the TC and TN are on a diffrent frame also, the TC more CUT vs the TN which is a utility/small AG tractor

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #6  
The TC48/55 are made in Japan and assembled in Georgia. They do not sit high. I have both a 2120 (same chassis as TC48/55) and a TN75D.

Andy

Has anyone heard about transmission problems on the TN75 and other TN series tractors? Mine just recently blew it's transmission and I'm wondering if that is a common problem. As for the TC55 I just am not sold. When I looked at them they just didn't feel as high quality as the Kubota, and the Deere seems to be on a different level entirely. For certain purposes I'm sure they are great but for my needs they aren't really powerful enough and don't really seem to be an upgrade from the Kubota. I really don't want to start a brand war, this is just my own preference. I also heard that john deere has been having engine problems in their 5325 tractors. Has anyone heard about this?

Last edited:
   / New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #8  
I ask 3 questions 1) how old are theses tractors 2) why is the Kubota overheating? 3) why did the TN75 blow the tranny?

Kubota 4630 has 460 hours, New Holland TN75 has a little over 1100 hours. Both were purchased brand new. The kubota overheats sometimes simply because the radiator gets clogged with seeds and other dust kicked up by a mower. It will also overheat when the radiator is completely clear on a hot day while mowing for an extended period of time. I think this is simply because the engine is overworked pulling a 6 foot wide bush-hog. Also, I think the hydrostatic transmission gets hotter than a gear type transmission. In Ag type applications Hydrostatic transmissions just don't work well. The TN75 blew the transmission while the loader-bucket was being used. It is being sent away Tuesday so we'll see what the nature of the problem is entirely after that.

/ New Holland TN75 versus Kubota 4630 versus John Deere 5325 #10  
The Deere 5325 is roughly the same size as your TN75. It could be a good direct replacement. I'm not sure I would own both unless you are planning to leave each one hooked to separate implements, or you are getting a cab on the 5325. The 5325 has lots of nice options like 12x12 and 24x24 transmissions (the latter with powershift), more remotes than you could ever use, the cab, front fenders, lots of nice stuff. More comments below.

candersen10 said:
Kubota 4630 has 460 hours, New Holland TN75 has a little over 1100 hours. Both were purchased brand new. The kubota overheats sometimes simply because the radiator gets clogged with seeds and other dust kicked up by a mower. It will also overheat when the radiator is completely clear on a hot day while mowing for an extended period of time. I think this is simply because the engine is overworked pulling a 6 foot wide bush-hog. Also, I think the hydrostatic transmission gets hotter than a gear type transmission. In Ag type applications Hydrostatic transmissions just don't work well. The TN75 blew the transmission while the loader-bucket was being used. It is being sent away Tuesday so we'll see what the nature of the problem is entirely after that.

I am puzzled that your L4630 is overheating with a 6' brush hog. What are you mowing? Ironwood? I would expect a 4630 to power a 6' mower without much trouble. I might have a shop look at it before replacing it. I think you are right that HST transmissions heat up with use, but usually not enough to be a problem. Sounds like you would rather have gear. Also puzzled about your TN75 transmission failure. Can't tell where you are or what kind of farm you have and I would be interested to know.

FWIW, I would think you could replace both existing tractors with a single JD 5325 and be able to do all your same tasks. Likewise you could replace them with a Kubota M7040 or perhaps a new trouble-free TN75.