Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Default Do I want a Massey

I don't here much talk about Massey Ferguson tractors. My local Massey dealer thinks I should consider his MF1240, 32 hp Hydro. $18,500 with loader and turfs. I have looked at NH TC33D, kubota L3010, Deere 4300. Why don't I hear more about Massey? How are they for resale, reliability, etc?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410 with turfs

Default Re: Do I want a Massey

Mrwurm,

I looked at Masseys when I was tractor shopping. They had a few compacts that I was quite interested in. They had good specs, good reliability records (according to the dealer) and were comfortable. Unfortunately they were very expensive for the tractor. The $$ ended up ruling them out for me very early in the buying process.

Kevin

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Thanks Kevin. The Massey is running about $700 higher than the New Holland or kubota. I was wondering if there is anything to merit the higher price. They don't seem to be too popular.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

I have a MF 1250 tractor. I canít say enough good about this tractor. I bought it to work and it has done a fine job. In Sept 99 I paid $17300 for it and a MF 1246 loader. I said I work it and I do, I have put over 900 hours on it. These hours have not been just puttering around either. I brush hog, blade, plow, spray, dig with a MF 1217 backhoe and use the loader almost everyday.I wouldn't think twice about buying the same tractor again.
    JerryG

Silver Member
    Tractor
    3130HST, Ferguson TO35

In today's marketplace there is probably not a bad tractor made. The Big 3 all have better resale value, better dealer network, and better parts availability. I would have to save at least $2000 on a non Big 3 tractor of the same comparable size before I would consider purchasing one of the other brands.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Could'nt of said it better myself. When I inquired about the Massey, I expected it to come in cheaper than the others, but it did'nt. As a matter of fact, I priced out the wrong machine (just realized). I got a price on the MF1240 thinking it was the 32hp machine. OOPS, its the 28 hp machine. I should have priced a MF1250 (32hp). That means theres going to be an even larger difference between the Massey and the NH and kubota.

Tractor
    murray

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the Agco 'ST' series, specifically the ST35. Same tractor as the 1250.

Before I found a bargain on a used Massey I looked at the ST35 and got a quote of 16.5K with PowerShuttle tranny, R-4 tires and a BushHog loader.

Try these dealers and see if you can't get a quote that's a little more in the ballpark:

NORTH CENTER FARM SUPPLY
    75075 NORTH ROAD
    ARMADA, MI 48005-2728
    810-784-5331

DICK COULTER, INC.
    6672 LAKE PLEASANT ROAD
    NORTH BRANCH, MI 48461-8973
    810-688-3082

WILDER FARM EQUIP LTD
    RR #1
    284 E. PIKE CREEK ROAD
    TECUMSEH, ON N8N2L9
    519-979-3800

If you just like the red paint job you could always have them ship <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wctractor.com/mark's_bargain_center.htm>this one</A> to you.

good luck on your hunt.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Charlie, thanks for the link. That's allot of tractors to look at. Also, your choice of local dealers was right on the mark.

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

It always amazes me how the market is different in different areas. When I bought my MF it was $1000-$2000 less than similar Kub, NH, or JD. But I still think that I got more tractor for my money.

Stop in at North Center and talk with Pat. I grew up in Armada and my dad bought a few tractors from him over the years. He's still a new-commer to the area, he's only been there a little over 30 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast