Looking for a tractor with front loader

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #41  
mboulais said:
I guess if I had paid $7k more for my tractor I would have had that feature and green paint.

I'm sure someone would likely paint your Mahindra green for less money than that though. I'd think that you could buy telescoping arms for $300 or $400 and get someone to paint your tractor green for less than a thousand. As I said, if it makes you feel better, I'd say "go for it". You ought to have your tractor the color you want it. No body shop should tell you what color you can or can't paint your tractor nor should they charge you $7000 to do so. Good luck and don't forget that those body shop guys will generally give you even a better deal on paint if you offer to pay cash. ;)

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #42  
Dargo said:
I'm sure someone would likely paint your Mahindra green for less money than that though. I'd think that you could buy telescoping arms for $300 or $400 and get someone to paint your tractor green for less than a thousand. As I said, if it makes you feel better, I'd say "go for it". You ought to have your tractor the color you want it. No body shop should tell you what color you can or can't paint your tractor nor should they charge you $7000 to do so. Good luck and don't forget that those body shop guys will generally give you even a better deal on paint if you offer to pay cash. ;)

I am happy with mine the color it is But you have a point and if some one wanted to they could probably get green paint covered up. As far as the telescoping arms go, I really only need longer arms, My R4 tires only leave me about 5" from the tire to the centerline of the 3pt pins on the implement. I think I saw 32" arms in the agri-supply catalog for $20 each. I could probably convert that PTO guard to flip up with about $5 worth of hardware. All that leaves to be corrected is the power steering cylinders in front of the axle. If I can solve that, I'll have all the best features.

Do those flip up PTO guards have a limit switch to disable the tractor if you forget them up? If not, they may allow an operator to inadvertantly put himself and any bystanders in harms way.

In my post about Kioti I was merely pointing out what I saw as advantages in the Kioti, not pushing any of the brands I prefer or knocking the one I don't.

Johnny -

I am sorry if this got off track somewhere, I stand by my original advice. Look at wt,hp,3pt lift, loader lift, dealer service, and any features you need (ie.. aux hyd valves, ). The brand doesn't matter. If you buy new, look for a skidsteer style QD bucket on the loader, replacement buckets, pallet forks, etc.. to fit that are very common. What ever you buy, get us some pictures.

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #43  
mboulais said:
Do those flip up PTO guards have a limit switch to disable the tractor if you forget them up? If not, they may allow an operator to inadvertantly put himself and any bystanders in harms way.

Nah, they don't have any additional feature other than being on a primitive hinge. On all the tractors I've owned, I think the only time I ever really used that feature is when I use my rear tank sprayer and I hook my 8 roller pump to the PTO. I raise the hinged lid to get the hoses to fit without hitting anything. Otherwise....I can't say I have seen any benefit to be honest. In other words, in my opinion, you're not missing much there.

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #44  
I find the flip up guard helpful for putting on a phd. I don't have a stand for my phd and it's a PITA to hookup. Shaft is always at a pretty steep angle when connecting. Still, the guard is just an ok accessory. But, the cost to the mfr is next to nothing. Not sure why all of them don't offer it.

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader
So then,which tractor do you people think will best suit my needs for snow removal and tilling..The 20 hp or the 25 hp..My thought is I might as well go with the 25 hp as the price is really not that much different....

Do they make a back hoe for these small tractors as well..I guess it would come in handy for the wifes flower garden,lol

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #46  
In the Kioti line, I think the CK20 will do what you've asked for, and the CK25 will do it faster and easier. The 20 is lighter and will probably be easier on your lawn if that's a problem. My yard stays hard and drains well and I run the CK35 all over it without any problems.

CK20 is also shorter and narrower, which can be an advantage in tight spaces.

The extra weight on the 25 will be an advantage for any ground engaging work, also has higher lift capacities and you can pull larger implements.

Both the 20 and 25 have Kioti or aftermarket BH's available. The 20 will probably do what you need, the 25 will do it faster with more power and reach.

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #47  
Most of the manufacturers sell a backhoe, even for their smaller tractors. JD, Kubota, and Massey also have them for their sub-compacts. In addition, a number of manufacturers offer backhoes with subframes to fit the smaller 20-25 hp tractors, such as Woods, Bush Hog, Rhino, Bradco, Amerequip, Buhler/Allied, etc.

Whichever tractor you choose, your dealer likely can supply your choice of the tractor manufacturer's backhoe or a reliable third-party backhoe. Just be sure it has a subframe, not a 3-point mount (unless it is from the manufacturer, such as certain Kubota models).

/ Looking for a tractor with front loader #48