Also need help with 1st tractor

/ Also need help with 1st tractor #1  

rod1b

I have 26 acres in central Mississippi, about 13 acres in pasture and the rest is wooded. The pasture is fairly level. I have about a 1500 ft gravel driveway. I plan to build a house in the next year or so and have a baby on the way in August, so price is quite a concern to me. I would love to have a FEL but it is more of a want than a need at this time. I have looked at New Holland, Mahindra, Farmtrac, and Jinma. I really liked the New Holland TT45A because of price $12,000 and hp 42. I'm afraid of not being able to get parts for a Jinma years down the line. 35hp Mahindra and Farmtrac seem to cost about the same as the TT45A. All I plan to use the tractor for at this time is cutting grass, maybe a garden, and driveway maintenance. Do I need a FEL or 4wd? Thanks for any advice offered!

/ Also need help with 1st tractor #2  
rod1b said:
I have 26 acres in central Mississippi, about 13 acres in pasture and the rest is wooded. The pasture is fairly level. I have about a 1500 ft gravel driveway. I plan to build a house in the next year or so and have a baby on the way in August, so price is quite a concern to me. I would love to have a FEL but it is more of a want than a need at this time. I have looked at New Holland, Mahindra, Farmtrac, and Jinma. I really liked the New Holland TT45A because of price $12,000 and hp 42. I'm afraid of not being able to get parts for a Jinma years down the line. 35hp Mahindra and Farmtrac seem to cost about the same as the TT45A. All I plan to use the tractor for at this time is cutting grass, maybe a garden, and driveway maintenance. Do I need a FEL or 4wd? Thanks for any advice offered!

You don't really need 4WD...unless you decide on a loader. I don't think you see much snow.
Personally, I'd go for a loader...they do come in handy.
As far as your mowing, any of the machines will do the work...as 2WD or 4WD. You could pull a 7' or 8' rotary cutter.
I agree about your concerns about Jinma.

Personally, the New Holland looks pretty good...probably a little more HP then you need. I see that's 2WD...so maybe not optimal if you hook up a loader. Just make sure you get power steering, even if it is a 2WD machine.

Have you priced a Deere 990? Or looked at used machines?

Good luck!

/ Also need help with 1st tractor #3  
I also would go with the loader, they just have so many uses that a tractor doesn't seem to be a tractor without one.
I would have no qualms about buying a Mahindra or Farmtrac, there are many satisfied users on this site of both tractors. I am also a JD fan and as Roy has said the 790 or 990 would be an excellent choice.
Good luck with the baby, I hope it arrives healthy and sound.

/ Also need help with 1st tractor #4  
I have to agree with Roy.. for your listed tasks.. 2wd w/ power steering and a fel is better than a 4wd and no loader. The loader will open up a whole avenue for projects that you couldn't do without it. not having 4wd means that in some instances you may not be able to use the machine to it's 100% potential.. .. but the rest of the time for 'powered wheel barrow', lifting, and general scooping stockpiled materials.. it should do just fine..

Sounds like a great size of machine you are looking at in the CNH line..

Soundguy

rod1b said: