Kubota bx2200

/ Kubota bx2200 #11  
Rmcess, congrats on your new BX! I think I have the weight thing figured out thanks in part to other member's ideas. I just took my grill guard off and welded a 2 x 2 inch I.D. female receiver hitch to the lower 3/8" plate. Now I can put a ball hitch in it as well as other things that I have made to fit the 2x2 receiver hitch on my truck. These include a homemade heavy duty "hitch hauler" type platform which should work well for hauling 2 washtubs full of tree seedlings around while planting with the tree planter. I also have a 2 speed hand crank winch mounted to some 2x2 tube that could slide into the hitch should I need something to pull me out of a hole in the woods.
Now I am going to weld up a vertical post on a piece of 2x2 steel tube to stack barbell weights on when needed. Thanks folks for the idea about the barbell weights!
Regarding the tree planter, its something a friend and I put together awhile back for planting tree seedlings. Hopefully the little BX will be able to handle it as it is quite a heavy contraption....

/ Kubota bx2200 #12  
richard; unless u are really in some tight quarters, i don't think u will have a problem with fel when mowing.

/ Kubota bx2200 #13  
frank, you are right I think I can mow with the loader on. The problem may be, can my wife? She does some of the mowing and I'll have to see how she does with the loader on.
Thank's for your input.
Richard

/ Kubota bx2200 #14  
No problem that is what this forum is ALL about Helping each other.

/ Kubota bx2200 #15  
The loader comes off in less than 4 minutes, and goes on in 5, with no exageration on the time. For that amount of time, I leave the FEL off in mowing season except when i need it in order to minimize compaction of my lawn agter all, it is about 500 lbs.

You may find it surprising how easy it comes off and puts on.