Used compact tractor source

/ Used compact tractor source #1  

patrickg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4610HSTC
http://www.tractorco.com

If this is old news, I appologize. This outfit sells used tractors, many imported from Japan as used tractors. I thought they had some good deals. A representative example is a package deal for a Yanmar YM1500 18 hp 4x4 with allied FEL, backhoe, 4' rotary cutter, rear blade and a 4 ft rotary tiller for $13,595.

Another current package is a Kubota B7100 4x4 (US Model) $3995. FEL $2200 extra, rotary cutter 675

They claim to specialize in compact 4x4 diesel tractors. Mainstay of their buisness seems to be used tractors imported from Japan.

I could solve my backhoe/Kubota L4610 with cab incompatability, buy a small tractor with backhoe! Beats changing the backhoe out to use 3PH.

Patrick

/ Used compact tractor source #2  
patrick: not familar with that co. but would be careful, if the machines were not built for the U.S. u might have some problems with parts.also will a BH on the 18 hp do the job for u?

/ Used compact tractor source #3  
For a couple thousand more you could buy a 20.5 HP Kioti with a Kioti subframe mounted QA backhoe and Kioti QA FEL, power steering, ROPS, a warranty and good parts availability. The tractor is heavier built than the YM1500. Granted you won't be able to get the cutter blade and tiller in on the package but....you'll get alot more tractor for the money. Just a thought. BTW the Kioti will handle a 7 1/2 ft B-H. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Used compact tractor source
Frank & Kioti,
Thanks for the words of advice B U T I wasn't contemplating buying one of those and am aware of the "Grey market" considerations. I was just posting a note to let everyone know about this source of supply. In fact they have some comments on their site that help clear up some of those issues. I have 150 hrs or so on my L4610HST with cab and A/C and don't think I will be budgeting for another tractor right now. Although I could buy a used tractor with backhoe for the price of a new backhoe. Mute point though, Kubota can't put a backhoe on a L4610 with cab. May have to build a backhoe.

Patrick