NEW New Guy

/ NEW New Guy #21  
Depending on what size machine you get the 6812LP(6'8" wide x 12' long) would work for most if not all compacts. If you have a brush chopper on the back the worst you do is set the front down on the deck and let the tail of the chopper hang over, we use a 16' trailer for a TN-65 with loader and the rear tires are about 18" from the back of the trailer. Ideally the dump truck is the way to go but I weighed the options out last year before we bought a 610UDT. We have a construction company and the dumpster companies were all bought out by one company and he raised all the prices an ungodly amount so we bought a $4000 trailer and it has paid for itself in a year by dumpster savings. A decent dump truck will run you around $12k-$15k and Ins. is around $1k per year. So we did the math and went the trailer route instead. You can always get the dump trailer and the dump box as the dump box only cost around $1300. I do not want to discourage you from the dump truck as it is easier to back into tight places and you can haul more compared to the box mounted dump box, but price was a deciding factor with us and I just wanted to let you know other options as it can save you a bundle so you have more to spend on your tractor.
ez6812LP.jpg

/ NEW New Guy
Believe me, the suggestion is MUCH appreciated/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. And saving a few bucks is ALWAYS an important consideration. I was totally looking at it from a straight effeciency standpoint. But I can see where a compromise could be the way to go. I'm not one to scrimp on quality, but I definitely will consider quality solutions that I didn't think of! I haven't seen too many of those kinds of units in our neck of the woods, though. May have to do some real Sherlock Holming to find a dealer /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

/ NEW New Guy
Thanks, Rmcess. 'Preciate the welcome /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. You're sure right about one thing. A guy sure learns a lot /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif by reading TBN. Like I said earlier, every question I've asked myself about compacts in the last few months I've found an answer to through TBN! It's awesome!! I hope to be a regular. But not only that, I hope I can contribute to others who join in along the way. That's the REAL fun (besides running the tractor /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif) - helping others!

/ NEW New Guy #24  
Welcome to TBN Gray.
Do in enjoy yourself and my your quest towards your new tractor be a grand one. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ NEW New Guy #25  
<font color=red>What Paul says is true, Garry, but you will also find a bunch of us who know a whole lot less than that</font color=red>

You will notice that I did not say "I" knew a lot. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I am as green, as green gets about tractors.

/ NEW New Guy #26  
<font color=orange> I don't believe in trying to influence people with subliminal messages!!! It just ain't right!!! BTW this is Kioti orange not Kubota orange</font color=orange> . /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
Ob1Kioti

/ NEW New Guy
Hey Harv - I replied to your posting last night, but I must of screwed up sending it /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif cause I don't see it posted. Sorry. A Risk Manager does just what the name implies - Manages Risk. We get to do the fun things like purchase insurance for our businesses, handle liability claims, deal with worker compensation claims, oversee Disaster Management Programs, develop and present safety and training programs, etc. And yeah, I suppose the experience could be handy for a tractor guy. Although if truth be told, some of the modifications that guys make to their tractors that I've read about on TBN could turn a Risk Manager's hair white /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif (if he has any hair left /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif). Seriously, safety always appears to be the number concern when guys are talking about doing "stuff", and that's the way it should be.

/ NEW New Guy #28  
Welcome to TBN. Like most of us you will start your day readiing the local paper then TBN. Then the hard part, leaving for work and having to wait until evening to return to TBN.
I notice in your bio you live in Jansville Wisc. Is this the town that produces some famous SUV's?
Paul

/ NEW New Guy #29  
I guess I am lucky. The first thing I do when I get to work is read TBN /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Then all through out the day. I have a harder time finding time when I am at home. I usually can't wait to get to work to see what I missed overnight.

/ NEW New Guy
Wow /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif! You've heard of Janesville? I hope it's not because the SUV you bought was a lemon /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif. Yep, this is the town. Although the way things are going, I don't know how many more years they'll be building them here. I don't work for them, so we get a lot of rumors that usually don't pan out. But right now, we're hearing some pretty scary things coming out of that plant. It is the oldest plant that GM operates. Boy, if they leave town, that's gonna kill the local economy /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.