NEW New Guy

/ NEW New Guy
I can't agree with you more. Now that I've discovered TBN, I'm checking it out at my office too! In fact, that's where I'm at right now /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. You know, it's really irritating when you get interrupted with some work related business /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif!

/ NEW New Guy #32  
I've had to catch myself several times from telling my boss that. "Don't bother me now, I'm reading TBN!" It sure crosses my mind a lot. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

--Brad

/ NEW New Guy #33  
<font color=blue>work related business</font color=blue>

Ow, my head /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

Welcome, Garry. I too don't like the pesky work-related interruptions.

TBN gets my vote for the most "human" place on the Internet.

/ NEW New Guy #34  
My next purchase is one of those SUV's. Wondering if you can get a better deal there than at a local dealer.
By the way, take a look at www.godollei.net - this is MossRoads home web page and is done very well. His approach to tractor buying is very well thought out.
Paul

/ NEW New Guy #35  
Welcome Garry, I hope you find what you're looking for. Best of luck with the tractor & Compound. Kent

/ NEW New Guy #36  
Welcome Gary..... One thing on reading your posts, 5-10 wooded acres will start to get small once you get some buildings on it and start a project or two... might want to look in to some a little bigger. I know coming from a city lot where you are running around an acre, 5-10 sounds big, but you'll see how small it gets. Remember that old saying about a 40 acre field to turn a truck around in, there is a lot of truth in it...

/ NEW New Guy
Paul, the only way a person gets a better deal from GM around here is if you or a family member works for GM /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Both my better half and I drive Chevrolet's (I wonder why /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif), but we get ours from a dealer out of town. It seems like the local dealer believes he's got a lock on Chevrolet sales and charges what I consider a "bit more" than the other dealers I've checked. But there is no question that this plant has the highest quality of all the plants, so if you get it from here, it should be O.K. Just make sure it wasn't built on a Monday or Friday /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif!

/ NEW New Guy #38  
Heck, I don't have a web link at home, so work is the only place I can get to TBN.

Janesville. It is a small world, Garry. Read your link this morning, then was in the mfg bldg putting a haz waste sticker on a can of junk, read the label supplier. Lab Safety Supply, Janesville, Wi. Never heard of the place before, but there it was. Welcome aboard.

/ NEW New Guy #39  
Paul,

How about leaving for work and reading TBN at work when you know you should be working. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NEW New Guy #40  
Welcome to TBN! Comments on the responses thus far...

Dump Trailer - another advantage of a trailer vs a dump truck is you can unhitch the trailer and drive your truck to go get supplies, go to McDonalds, etc.

Comfort - My NH TC25D has an adjustable seat. It can be adjusted for weight and it swivels, etc. It's very comfortable. When the dealer showed me these features I thought, why would I ever need those features. I actually remember almost feeling embarrassed by having such a seat. Well, I ended up buying the D model for other reasons but I am very glad I got the comfy seat as a part of the D package. I didn't realize what a beating my back had been taking until I had to use my old, faithful WheelHorse garden tractor. Don't underrate comfort when buying a tractor, particularly if you're going to be spending a lot of time on the tractor.

Dealers - You're on the right track concentrating on the dealer and the service you will receive. The best purchase price from a lousy retailer is a bad deal.

Oh, I think I recall a thread where even the green and the orange guys thought the blue tractors were the prettiest. All things being equal, go for great looks. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif