New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc

/ New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc #1  

Baranx4

Gold Member
We have 100 acres in Northeastern Pa, with about 25 of farm fields that hasn't been farmed in the past 6 years. Looking for a tractor to do some hay and general grounds work, snow, etc. The dk55 and 550 are syncro while the 555 is more of a traditional style tractor trans. I read that farm trac is to bring back the 550. With a loader bucket and backhoe the farm trac is 3-4 thousand less. Anyone have any imput on these models. The farm trac dealer is 10 minutes away and the kioti about 35 minutes but in todays market odds are that if parts are needed each will have to be ordered.

I was considering used but wasn't able to find anything without a ton of hours on it. I already looked at kabota and for a model equally equiped it was about 10 grand more. Thanks in advance.

/ New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc #2  
I'm using a Kioti DK45 cab tractor to maintain 100 acres and so far with 230 hrs on the machine have had no problems. If I had it to do over I might have gone up to the 55 or 65 just for the extra power but the 45 is what I could afford at the time. I plow, disc, harrow, plant, mow, do FEL work with mine and at this point I would buy a Kioti again.

/ New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc #3  
I'd buy a big old used New Holland or Deere before buying a farmtrac for real farm work.

/ New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc #4  
I have a dk55c with loader. I have not had any trouble with it and the comfort level is very good.It sips fuel compared to the John deere I have. I would give it a big thumbs up. I love the cab. I have about 50 acres in cultivation and about a thousand acres of ranchland. The number one attachment that I use is the quick attach forks on the self leveling loader.
rick

/ New tractor purchase Kioti Dk55s or Farm Trac 555DTC or550dtc
I forgot to mention that I was also considering the farm trac 665dtc since it also has the syncro trans and is only about 1000 more than the 555.