Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Default Re: Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor

I have a BX2200
    The 6' box blade is too big. 4' is the size for the BX.

I've used a 6' grader blade on mine. Works ok. Not enough distance between the blade and rear tires to reverse the blade with it attacted to the tractor.

I don't think you will get enough traction pull a 6' disk.

I run a 5' finish mower on mine. Works great. Need to keep a little extra weight on the front. The hydraulics will lift the mower no problem but the front end gets real light if you try to drive around with the mower up in the air.

You should be able to pull a smaller 1 bottom plow or a 1 row cultivator.

I think the BX should handle you acreage ok but you may need to do some impliment trading. Could be cheaper in the long run to buy a larger tractor and keep your current attachments.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    3130HST, Ferguson TO35

The BX2200 is way too small for your implements. A B2710 would be the smallest tractor you should look at, otherwise keep your MF35 and purchase a riding lawn mower as you stated.

Now I hope you know I was busting your chops on the cruelty...[img]/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But, I tend to agree with Bob on keeping the MF35 and buying a separate Home Depot/WalMart $1000. riding lawn mower... or pick up a commercial Scag at a local auction for under $1000...

After you get used to a 35+ PTO hp and some muscle/mass/weight... its hard to go backwards in size/hp... If you intend to trade in your Massey... you'll get more allowance on a higher priced tractor every time... maybe take a look at the L series... to get even more bang for your buck, look at kubota's Leader gear model tractors such as the L4300... now you can continue to use all your existing implements, you've gained MWFD, got a new factory warranty tractor for a couple years, and now you will be happy... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

with the equiptment u are talking about i think u might want to consider something a little larger.unless the work u want to do with those implements is very minimal, i think the 22hp is a tad small

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12