Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #1  

jpfitziii

I currently have a MF35 gas engine tractor with the following attachments: 6' Box Blade, 6' grader blade, 6' Disk, and a 5' finish mower. I need something to do some plowing, finish mowing and garden work. I Have 10 acres, 3 acres to finish mow, 4 acres in pasture, 1 acre garden, 2 acres soon to be pond. I have been looking at a Kubota BX2200 with a 60" Belly mower, 22HP diesel motor, class 1 hitch and PTO, with 4 wheel drive. The dealer thinks this tractor will pull my attachments ( I will test drive first ) Do you think this tractor will pull my attachments? and what should I be paying for this tractor? Does anyone have any other suggestions on a good tractor to buy in the Kubota price range.

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #2  
I'd be concerned about the box blade and disk. You don't mention that you already have a plow - but I think even a single bottom would be too hard on this tractor. Before I get flamed, I believe that with the right speed, some addtional weight and the right tires, the BX will do these tasks. But if you haven't bought the tractor yet, I would be looking at something larger. Sorry I can't help with your price range question.

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #3  
I can not help you with the question about the equipment. But I can help with the price, Back in Dec 2001 I purchased a BX2200 with 60MMM and FEL in South Jersey for $11,650.00

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #4  
I've been looking around too. Based on what you said, I don't think I'd look at anything under 30 hp. If you already have a tractor, you probably ran into situations where you wished you had more. Sticking with the big 3 (green, blue, or orange) you'd see a range from $12K all the way to $20K depending on the bells and whistles. Good luck!

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #5  
jpfitziii,
I am not going to say anything against the BX2200 as I have one. By the description of what you expect your tractor to do it is my opinion the BX is a little small. Horsepower is not the only issue, the BX is physically small and light causing it to have problems handling large impliments. I am curious to see what others have to say. Good Luck Shopping.
Rich...

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #6  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=109761&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post109761>My ole 135- Little sister to your 35...</A>

What do you expect to gain by going from a MF35 to a BX-2200...?

You actually have much more to lose than gain.../w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

If you hooked up half of your equipment to that BX... either it would break first, while you're torturing it to death... or someone would come by and arrest you for cruelty to smaller tractors... /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I guess, I must be missing something here, because you already own something that will do all and more that you want to do... why go backward's...?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #7  
<font color=blue>"someone would come by and arrest you for cruelty to smaller tractors..." </font color=blue>
I better start raising bail money now!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Rich...

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor
The MF35 is too big and heavy to mow around the house. The tractor has regular tractor tires and it tends to tear up the grass and dirt. Plus I have a loader on the MF35 and makes it hard to see and turn while mowing. The MF35 is older and with a new tractor I wanted something that would handle most situations. I could keep the MF35 and buy a rider but that would cost me $5000+. For $5000 I can trade in the MF35 and get a new tractor. I'm not saying the BX2200 is the right choice that is why I was asking for constructive input.

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #9  
Oh, well, constructive input. Then I woould have to say.... no. IMHO the BX2200 is too small for those 6' attachments that you listed. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Looking at a Kubota BX2200 Diesel tractor #10  
jpfitziii,
If you do take a BX2200 home to try with your implements please let us know how it did. The implements in that size range are easier to come by in my area and are usually less expensive than the smaller ones. Still have not figured that one out./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
I purchased the BX for similar reasons why you are looking at it, compact size and maneuverability for mowing and taking care of most of my tractor needs. I did however keep my old Ford Jubilee for moving hay bales, plowing, pulling disc, etc...