Decided to go with Kubota.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #21  
from my limited experience you wont go wrong with either brands. I know a lot of people that have Kubota tractors and they all love them. There are a lot of people who makes a living farming that have to have a dependable tractor and they buy john deeres and are still making a living. There are also several other brands out there. As far as where they are made the following is from the Kubota website :

Kubota Manufacturing of America
Headquarters: Gainesville, Georgia, U.S.A.

Kubota Manufacturing of America (KMA) was formed in 1988 as Kubota’s North American manufacturing base. KMA manufactures and assembles Kubota lawn tractors, zero-turn mowers, sub-compact tractors, loaders, backhoes and other implements. The company employs 1200 workers. Two master buildings offer 616,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Today, one-third of all Kubota branded equipment sold in the United States is manufactured or assembled at its 151-acre Gainesville, Georgia facility.

Looks to me like they have been providing jobs in the United States for almost 20 years.

Personally I would not care what color tractor it is. Most of the brands like Deere, kubota, Case, New Holland are going to be comparable for the Majority of people that read these forums. I would be much more concerned about the Dealership. How well I am treated by the salesman, How much have they invested in their service department. I would chat with the service manager and see what I thought of him. After you buy the tractor he is going to be one of the most important people in the transaction if you have problems and all brands can have problems. If you do not have to have a tractor to make a living you might look at some of the newer brands. I personally have a montana. I do not think that montana is better than any of the other brands. Montana has not been around long enough to get any kind of history. It was a lot cheaper than some of the more well known brands and for my use that was an important consideration. If my tractor breaks and it takes a month or two before I can get parts to get it fixed that is just an inconvenience and not a big deal. I do not know about John Deere parts I have never had one. I do however have a 15 horse kubota 4 wheel drive that I use for mowing lawns. I have no idea how many hours is on it but it was very used when I bought it. I had to get a new clutch for it this summer. It took them less than a week to get it for me. As I said earlier I would not worry about the color as much as the dealership.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #22  
Good luck with the new Kabota, not sure if they're useful in the latex industry.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #23  
Baranx4 said:
Good luck with the new Kabota, not sure if they're useful in the latex industry.
Crickets , crickets, crickets

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #24  
gemini5362 said:
from my limited experience you wont go wrong with either brands. I know a lot of people that have Kubota tractors and they all love them. There are a lot of people who makes a living farming that have to have a dependable tractor and they buy john deeres and are still making a living. There are also several other brands out there. As far as where they are made the following is from the Kubota website :

Kubota Manufacturing of America
Headquarters: Gainesville, Georgia, U.S.A.

Kubota Manufacturing of America (KMA) was formed in 1988 as Kubota’s North American manufacturing base. KMA manufactures and assembles Kubota lawn tractors, zero-turn mowers, sub-compact tractors, loaders, backhoes and other implements. The company employs 1200 workers. Two master buildings offer 616,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Today, one-third of all Kubota branded equipment sold in the United States is manufactured or assembled at its 151-acre Gainesville, Georgia facility.

Looks to me like they have been providing jobs in the United States for almost 20 years.

You sound like the Toyota "made in America" guys. ;)

If that makes you feel warm & fuzzy, good on you, but 1200 people is probably 1/10th of Deere's labor force. Let's not kid each other-those Kubotas say "MADE IN JAPAN" on the side of them. That's where the profits go and they get the corp tax advantage of being headquartered offshore compared to US made & headquartered counterparts. Deere makes stuff offshore, too, but they're not headquartered offshore and don't have nearly the percentage of imported parts & labor of Deere.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #25  
Builder said:

If that makes you feel warm & fuzzy, good on you, but 1200 people is probably 1/10th of Deere's labor force. Let's not kid each other-those Kubotas say "MADE IN JAPAN" on the side of them. That's where the profits go and they get the corp tax advantage of being headquartered offshore compared to US made & headquartered counterparts. Deere makes stuff offshore, too, but they're not headquartered offshore and don't have nearly the percentage of imported parts & labor of Deere.

That's all well and good, but my Deere says "made in Japan" on it's faceplate just like the Kubota I looked at.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #26  
Builder said:

Maybe they put their tax breaks back into their products....:;)

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #27  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I like several brands of tractors.
But of course there is always certain dealers I can live without !!!

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #28  
Builder said:

Builder if it was up to me everything would be made in the U.S. But the reality is that it is not up to me. I hesitated about that post because I was worried that there would be people who would totally miss the point I was trying to make. I added that web site for the poster that said something about them being made in Japan. The point I was trying to make was that instead of worrying about the color of your tractor and who makes it. I would worry about my dealership that I am going to have to work with in the future.

Builder did I read your profile right where it says KUBOTA L-39

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #29  
ArtVandelay said:

If somebody likes Deere CUTs better, that's fine, but I personally like Kubota CUTs better :)
Then go get you one, use it, and come back with some questions or show pics of what you did. No need to try and stir up things, when you don't even have a tractor. JC

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #30  
Z-Michigan said:
Given that this is all out of the blue and you were looking closely at Deere until just a few days ago, I get the impression that you are passionately "team oriented" and once you have picked a "team" you will not look at anything else or listen to any contradictory information. Whatever, enjoy whatever you get. I am posting this at all because I feel like you were asking for and receiving lots of objective, useful tractor information until you started this thread, and then this thread seems to have been started as an orange vs. green flame war type thread, which is particularly odd for someone who hasn't even bought the orange brand yet.

I'm gettin the idea he's a Kubota "homer". I just wonder which dealership.