Decided to go with Kubota.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #1  

ArtVandelay

Bronze Member
After going to the Kubota dealership and seeing the quality of their CUTs, I decided to get a Kubota instead of a John Deere. Deere CUTs are very nice also, but IMO it seemed that the Kubota CUTs were put together a little better with more heavy duty parts. Also, from what I have heard, Kubota's reliability it supposed to be a little better than John Deere.

I am not trying to knock John Deere, because for big agricutural tractors they are probably still the best (because it seems that Kubota doesn't make those), but IMO, for CUTs it seems that Kubota has the upper hand.

Opinions?

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #2  
ArtVandelay said:
After going to the Kubota dealership and seeing the quality of their CUTs, I decided to get a Kubota instead of a John Deere. Deere CUTs are very nice also, but IMO it seemed that the Kubota CUTs were put together a little better with more heavy duty parts. Also, from what I have heard, Kubota's reliability it supposed to be a little better than John Deere.

I am not trying to knock John Deere, because for big agricutural tractors they are probably still the best (because it seems that Kubota doesn't make those), but IMO, for CUTs it seems that Kubota has the upper hand.

Opinions?

I think they're both excellent choices, but it's funny that you thought Kubotas were put together better, because I think Deeres usually run considerably heavier between competitive models. Especially in bigger models.

I think if they were both priced the same and had the same features I'd buy a Deere to keep more Americans employed, but I've owned 3 Kubotas and they're tough to beat.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #3  
Art, are you a Kubota dealer trying to drum up business?;) We really don't need any more color wars, and I don't see any information in your profile. Both Kubota and John Deere are fine machines. As to which one is better quality, or better put together . . . well, is the Chevrolet or Ford pickup put together better. Whether you're talking about tractors, or pickups, you're looking at personal opinion more than fact. So I thought we all knew which tractor is best.

The one you LIKE best is the best one.:D

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #4  
Congrats on your choice, though I find the reasoning a bit funny since I made the exact opposite conclusion after at least as long a buying process. Oh well, this whole process is very subjective, and without a doubt both companies make good products.

FYI, Kubota makes ag tractors up to 125hp (kind of entry level row-crop size) and those seem to be well engineered and made, but no one seems to actually use them. Beyond that pretty much everything is from JD, AGCO, or CASE (IH and NH).

/ Decided to go with Kubota.
One of the reasons I am saying that the Kubota seemed a bit more heavy duty is because it seemed like the Deeres had a lot more plastic. Also, IMO, the FEL arms looked more heavy duty and better designed on the Kubota CUTs. But again, this is just my opinion. I am sure the Deere CUTs are excellent aswell.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #6  
I believe the "Art" that you are referring to is Art White of White equipment in upper New York state,, This guys last name, at least as signed, is Vandelay.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #7  
ArtVandelay:

I am curious as to what model Kubota you bought. Jay

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #8  
ArtVandelay said:

Opinions?

My experience was/is the JD's were typically a little heavier-duty than the Kubotas. In my area, they just happened to be about $4K more/machine...made the decision a lot easier.

Congrats on the purchase, some may argue shades (orange, blue, green)...but most would agree that life's a whole lot better with some color.

/ Decided to go with Kubota.
jbrumberg said:
ArtVandelay:

I am curious as to what model Kubota you bought. Jay

Haven't purchased one yet.

/ Decided to go with Kubota. #10  
Interesting...

When I bought, the equivalent JD was the 4300. It spec'ed out close to the L3410 both with HST. Some numbers fell green and some fell orange, but pretty close overall. The one green number that fell on the JD side was the price. About $4000 higher. Basically, I got the kubota tractor and loader with R4's for the price of the JD 4300 only with ag tires (no FEL).

Glad you bought a machine that you like. Some folks actually prefer the plastic fender as they can take a beating and not dent. Scratches still have the same color and they won't rust. My Kubota is 7 years old and there is no rust on the metal, but there are some dents and scratches. A couple spots where my heal has worn the paint off too. Still a good machine for my uses.

jb