Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #1  

04Fatboy

Tractor
Kubota B6200
Hello All

I need some help. I am just moving to 2 acres. The land is fairley flat and needs complete landscaping. I am anticipating a box blade and tiller. I am torn between the Kubota 7510 and Mahindra 2015. My local dealers haver quoted me and the Kubota is less than $700 more $$$ Is it worth the extra dough for the kubota? The Mahindra seems like more tractor. I need all of your help!!! I will be doing some rough mowing with the tractor but mostly landscaping and general work

Thank
You

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #2  
04Fatboy said:
Hello All

I need some help. I am just moving to 2 acres. The land is fairley flat and needs complete landscaping. I am anticipating a box blade and tiller. I am torn between the Kubota 7510 and Mahindra 2015. My local dealers haver quoted me and the Kubota is less than $700 more $$$ Is it worth the extra dough for the kubota? The Mahindra seems like more tractor. I need all of your help!!! I will be doing some rough mowing with the tractor but mostly landscaping and general work

Thank
You

Mahindra apparently makes decent tractors, but they don't have nearly the market share that Kubota has.

I went through your experience two years ago when I moved to my new 10-acre place (flat pasture, need complete landscaping around the new house). The 2015 was only about $400 cheaper than the B7510HST, so the decision was a no-brainer, considering Kubota's (probable) better resale value. I bought the B7510HST with the LA302 FEL for $12,600 (10% down, 0% for 36 months).

Within a week of that purchase I bought a King Kutter 4-ft box blade and a KK 4-ft brush hog from Tractor Supply. The next purchase was a KK middle buster plow/sub soiler from TSC. A few months later I bought a used Yanmar RS-1200 rototiller.

I have nearly 150 hours on the B7510 with no problems. Have been doing the periodic maintenance on schedule.

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #3  
04Fatboy said:
Hello All

Thank
You

I would go with whatever you like best. Both are great machines and are similar. The Mahindra is heavier and might be better suited to using a box blade and other ground engaging attachments. The Kubota is a very solid tractor and still well capable of pulling a load of dirt. I'm assuming you were quoted on both brands with either HST or a gear tranny and not one being gear and the other brand HST?

There will be a little give and take with either brand. I am personally partial to the Kubota but I have nothing bad to say about Mahindra. When a decision comes down to similar units things like dealer service, location, and reputation can make or break it.

Have fun deciding!!

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #4  
04Fatboy:

Welcome to TBN :D! Give us more information about your anticipated short and long term projects. DmansPadge is right about tractor weight and ground engaging attachments. Tire selection is important too, but tire choice should be a function of primary use and that is your decision. If you anticipate a lot of FEL work I would recommend HST; also if this will be your first tractor HST will be easier to learn. If after some seat time at the dealerships and you still have difficulty with tractor choice I would lean towards the dealer with whom I was the most comfortable. In the long run a good dealership will save you money so then all of us here at TBN can help you spend the money you saved :rolleyes:. Good luck on the search and keep the posts coming. It is important that you ask a lot of questions. Jay :)

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #5  
Both very fine tractors by reputation. The Kubota is a bit long in the tooth and needs to be updated with position control and a stronger loader but you cannot knock it's reliability or popularity. I looked at it carefully but ended up with the Kioti CK20 which, like the Mahindra, is a heavier tractor with same HP and a fresher design that includes a number of features Kubota elects to withhold from the B series tractors. I'd look hard at the 7510 if mowing a lawn is your primary goal as it's light weight is clearly an advantage for that task.

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST
thank you for all the help. In the short term I will be tilling, moving dirt and clearing 1/2 acre. I call this short term but it will take me a couple years!!! Long term will be rough mowing 1 acre and I will have a seperate finish mower for the other acre. I will also have a 250' gravel road to keep up with. Then the normal changes in the landscaping. Now looking at the Koiti I think I will go by the dealer this week and check it out. What did you pay with the FEL?. So many choices. I just want to get the right tractor. and if I do sell in 5 years I would rather not take a bath on the sale of it.

Thank you

BOB

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #7  
OK.... My question is this... Is this a long term investment you intend to keep? Meaning at LEAST 10 years.... For what you are describing, I personally think the Mahindra would be the better fit for you. It sounds like you have lots of ground engaging work to do that the weight of the Mahindra would be good for. OTOH I have seen quite a few guys in your shoes jump in and buy a 20 HP machine do the landscaping around their new house... 2 or so years later, they no longer need the machine and are ready to sell it. If you might be one of those people then....

You replied while I was typing... I think I know what I would do if I were u...

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #8  
04Fatboy said:
thank you for all the help. In the short term I will be tilling, moving dirt and clearing 1/2 acre. I call this short term but it will take me a couple years!!! Long term will be rough mowing 1 acre and I will have a seperate finish mower for the other acre. I will also have a 250' gravel road to keep up with. Then the normal changes in the landscaping. Now looking at the Koiti I think I will go by the dealer this week and check it out. What did you pay with the FEL?. So many choices. I just want to get the right tractor. and if I do sell in 5 years I would rather not take a bath on the sale of it.

Thank you

BOB

In my opion, and this is just what I have observed at a large tractor auction that I have been to several times, if resale is a concern, DON'T get a "brand X" of any kind. Let the flames begin.

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #9  
tydp said:
In my opion, and this is just what I have observed at a large tractor auction that I have been to several times, if resale is a concern, DON'T get a "brand X" of any kind. Let the flames begin.

Nobody should flame you for that valid observation. There really does'nt seem to be much of that here, but people are proud of their machines sometimes.
Here's my opinion, if he does plan to sell, at this time, possibly the bigger name brand would suit him better for the resale value. We are all different in our needs and future endevors. I purchased a Mahindra with high hopes that the 3510 will be the last tractor I ever buy. I also anticipate their resale value will improve as these machines stand the test of time. It is a big world out there and Mahindra is a big player that is just catching on more and more here in the US of A. At one time Kabota was thought of as a brand X itself. Who knows what the future brings. The Mahindras are bigger and heavier than other tractors in its class and that is a pretty desireable trait by most buyers.
Mine is over 2 yrs old now and if I had to sell, I would'nt make money obviously but I have noticed this. It would take more money today to purchase the same tractor, then what I paid, plus 2 new blades, box and scraper, a bush hog, sod buster, and one used disc.
IMHO, since these Mahindras are going cheap at auctions, I never could find one for sale though, they very well might be the better buy in tractors today. Most people in my area get one and don't sale. I think this speaks for itself in the long run and if a guy was planning to sell it, why would you buy new to begin with?

/ Kubota 7510hst VS Mahindra 2015HST #10  
yeah, from all indicators i have come across - kubota was in the same place as mahindra when they first started out.

mahindra's value will definitely rise for resale as they stand the test of time. i have heard nothing but good things from mahindra owners so far.

if you search, you will find good and bad points for ALL lines of tractors.

it's just a matter of time before RED is a common tractor color :)

both tractors are great - if you are planning on keeping the tractor, buy the one that fits you best.

J