Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D

Default Found One!?

Ok, I haven't bought it yet, but I'm mighty tempted.

What I'm looking for (after reading, re-reading this forum-thanks again everyone!): 30+ hp, 4wd, FEL for under 10K

What I've found:
    Yanmar 336D (33 hp I think), 4wd, FEL (1500lb life capacity, I think). No dents, a little rust, 1800 hours, canopy, ROPS, two buckets (a larger one for snow, standard size for dirt). Asking price: 8500 at a reputable dealer (one of the few tractors I've found for under 10k).

Downsides:
    Well, it's a Yanmar, and although I know they make some JD products, I don't know much else about them. I've heard parts are readily available, but I haven't found much info on the Internet yet on this model, while there seems to be quite a bit of info out there on Deeres, Kubotas!, NH / Ford, even Kiotis....

Tires will need replacement at some point in the future, and are not in ideal shape for one of my uses (skidding logs)

No power steering

Any comments, thoughts, information, or other tractors available in upstate NY / Vermont would be greatly appreciated

Couchsachraga

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Found One!?

Sometimes..Best-Used-Tractors.com..might have some useful information.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710DT & Yanmar 186D

Default Re: Found One!?

The 336 was the top of the line Yanmar when they were marketing tractors here in the US. The tractors sold under Yanmar's own name were even more technologically advanced (at that time) than the tractors they built for JD. There are some model revisions and service bulletins re: the 336 that you may be interested in. I don't have them but you can check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/yanmartractorownersgroup>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/yanmartractorownersgroup</A> for some more info on that.