Found One!?

/ Found One!? #1  

couchsachraga

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D
Ok, I haven't bought it yet, but I'm mighty tempted.

What I'm looking for (after reading, re-reading this forum-thanks again everyone!): 30+ hp, 4wd, FEL for under 10K

What I've found:
Yanmar 336D (33 hp I think), 4wd, FEL (1500lb life capacity, I think). No dents, a little rust, 1800 hours, canopy, ROPS, two buckets (a larger one for snow, standard size for dirt). Asking price: 8500 at a reputable dealer (one of the few tractors I've found for under 10k).

Downsides:
Well, it's a Yanmar, and although I know they make some JD products, I don't know much else about them. I've heard parts are readily available, but I haven't found much info on the Internet yet on this model, while there seems to be quite a bit of info out there on Deeres, Kubotas!, NH / Ford, even Kiotis....

Tires will need replacement at some point in the future, and are not in ideal shape for one of my uses (skidding logs)

No power steering

Any comments, thoughts, information, or other tractors available in upstate NY / Vermont would be greatly appreciated:)

Couchsachraga

/ Found One!? #2  
Sometimes..Best-Used-Tractors.com..might have some useful information.

/ Found One!? #3  
The 336 was the top of the line Yanmar when they were marketing tractors here in the US. The tractors sold under Yanmar's own name were even more technologically advanced (at that time) than the tractors they built for JD. There are some model revisions and service bulletins re: the 336 that you may be interested in. I don't have them but you can check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/yanmartractorownersgroup>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/yanmartractorownersgroup</A> for some more info on that.

/ Found One!? #4  
   / Found One!? #5  
Willy, it's a 20 year old thread, almost to the exact day. I would imagine the OP has it figured out by now. :)

/ Found One!? #6  
You never know if someone else has the same
tractor and needs this info.

I only click on posts that show up as new and this
one was there.

willy

/ Found One!? #8  
OP was "last seen" 2 years ago, almost to the day...

/ Found One!? #9  
It’s still a better read than some of the current threads which have the most posts...

/ Found One!? #10  
Ok, I haven't bought it yet, but I'm mighty tempted.

What I'm looking for (after reading, re-reading this forum-thanks again everyone!): 30+ hp, 4wd, FEL for under 10K

What I've found:
Yanmar 336D (33 hp I think), 4wd, FEL (1500lb life capacity, I think). No dents, a little rust, 1800 hours, canopy, ROPS, two buckets (a larger one for snow, standard size for dirt). Asking price: 8500 at a reputable dealer (one of the few tractors I've found for under 10k).

Downsides:
Well, it's a Yanmar, and although I know they make some JD products, I don't know much else about them. I've heard parts are readily available, but I haven't found much info on the Internet yet on this model, while there seems to be quite a bit of info out there on Deeres, Kubotas!, NH / Ford, even Kiotis....

Tires will need replacement at some point in the future, and are not in ideal shape for one of my uses (skidding logs)

No power steering

Any comments, thoughts, information, or other tractors available in upstate NY / Vermont would be greatly appreciated:)

Couchsachraga
I can't speak to the yanmars, except that I know they made a lot of them under various names and a LOT of them are still running... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

not sure if it would be of any use to you, but I recently found mine at Tractorhouse.com, might be worth a look if you haven't already.